The email that almost got Dolphin fired

Of course, a distinction can be drawn between the actual founding of ISIS and its rise to the murderous, land-holding terror force that it is today. So how did ISIS begin and evolve? Here's a refresher:
It sprang from al Qaeda in Iraq
The group's roots are in the Sunni terror group al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), started in 2004 by Jordanian Islamist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. It was a major player in the insurgency against the US-led forces that toppled Saddam Hussein in 2003, and against the Shiite-dominated government that eventually replaced Hussein.

ISIS has also targeted the Shiite community in general, starting with a deadly suicide bombing at a mosque in Samarra in 2006.

Hussein had led a secular government, but it was dominated by members of Iraq's Sunni minority and it brutally repressed opposition. When Saddam was ousted, power went to the majority Shiites, who wanted revenge.
There was a growing perception among Sunnis that they were being persecuted and excluded from power by Shiite officials.
AQI recruited Sunni fighters to its cause -- trying to establish a Sunni Isla
Of course, a distinction can be drawn between the actual founding of ISIS and its rise to the murderous, land-holding terror force that it is today. So how did ISIS begin and evolve? Here's a refresher:
It sprang from al Qaeda in Iraq
The group's roots are in the Sunni terror group al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), started in 2004 by Jordanian Islamist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. It was a major player in the insurgency against the US-led forces that toppled Saddam Hussein in 2003, and against the Shiite-dominated government that eventually replaced Hussein.

ISIS has also targeted the Shiite community in general, starting with a deadly suicide bombing at a mosque in Samarra in 2006.

Hussein had led a secular government, but it was dominated by members of Iraq's Sunni minority and it brutally repressed opposition. When Saddam was ousted, power went to the majority Shiites, who wanted revenge.
There was a growing perception among Sunnis that they were being persecuted and excluded from power by Shiite officials.
AQI recruited Sunni fighters to its cause -- trying to establish a Sunni Islamist control of the country.

World would have been much better with Hussein in place.

If Lincoln hadn't been elected president, the Civil War probably would not have occurred, there would have been so many lives saved. The country could have peacefully split in two. The world would have been "better."

The world would have been better and so many lives saved if we had left Hitler alone to fight Stalin. They could have kept each other in check, limited Soviet world domination and influence, allowed Hillary to become president. But we decided to intervene. Better off doing nothing, as you say. The world would be better off.

Where you are decidely wrong amd immature is thinking most muslims hate us because we are successful, good, Christian and rich. You should get out of Iowa once in a while. There is always that small percentage. A small percentage ofvUS christians are pretty out their too. On recently wounded a police officer locally.

There is a percentage that hate us for killing familg members in air strikes, fairly oft innocent ones and so on.
I guess this is directed at me but you don't refer to any quotes of mine. So I will assume...

I don't know about "most Muslims" as you guess.

Theologically Islam looks upon Christianity as "infidel" and vows to destroy it. Their teachings are exclusive as are those of Christianity. A small group of Islam is armed, well equipped, highly motivated, and actively attempting to destroy anything Western and/or Christian. These groups are funded by a small and wealthy group of Muslims, mostly unknown, but involved all over the world and involved in U.S. elections. A large group of Muslims quietly approve of or say nothing about the slavery and butchery of those who represent them. There is the "center" and "core" of the problem.

I haven't lived in Iowa in over 30 years. I have been to the Middle East, Europe, Central America, Amsterdam, Arkansas, etc. I have been exposed to many cultures.

As you mention, air strikes by the U.S. can be counterproductive since the goal of any military operation is to "destroy the enemies' will to fight" not necessarily to kill and destroy or gain ground. Even "precise" and "accurate" missile strikes can create more problems than they "solve." So how do you fight or limit a religion and philosophy that has vowed to destroy us and dominate the world? That's a tough one. Always easy to second guess decisions that try. Perhaps it is unsolvable, only to be kept in check until the weapons become even more dangerous and mobile.

I believe it was Lincoln who said during the Lincoln/Douglas Debates, "If I had all the money in the world and someone said I was the smartest man in the world, and had all the power in the world, I don't know what I would do to solve the slavery problem amongst us." I have visited all those debate sites, very interesting, worth the time.

I guess this is directed at me but you don't refer to any quotes of mine. So I will assume...

I don't know about "most Muslims" as you guess.

Theologically Islam looks upon Christianity as "infidel" and vows to destroy it. Their teachings are exclusive as are those of Christianity. A small group of Islam is armed, well equipped, highly motivated, and actively attempting to destroy anything Western and/or Christian. These groups are funded by a small and wealthy group of Muslims, mostly unknown, but involved all over the world and involved in U.S. elections. A large group of Muslims quietly approve of or say nothing about the slavery and butchery of those who represent them. There is the "center" and "core" of the problem.

I haven't lived in Iowa in over 30 years. I have been to the Middle East, Europe, Central America, Amsterdam, Arkansas, etc. I have been exposed to many cultures.

As you mention, air strikes by the U.S. can be counterproductive since the goal of any military operation is to "destroy the enemies' will to fight" not necessarily to kill and destroy or gain ground. Even "precise" and "accurate" missile strikes can create more problems than they "solve." So how do you fight or limit a religion and philosophy that has vowed to destroy us and dominate the world? That's a tough one. Always easy to second guess decisions that try. Perhaps it is unsolvable, only to be kept in check until the weapons become even more dangerous and mobile.

I believe it was Lincoln who said during the Lincoln/Douglas Debates, "If I had all the money in the world and someone said I was the smartest man in the world, and had all the power in the world, I don't know what I would do to solve the slavery problem amongst us." I have visited all those debate sites, very interesting, worth the time.

There is also the support of a brutal Saudi Govt.

A bit surprised with your references to Christianity that you have a worldly outlook and that you have those attitudes about Muslims. One can pick apart the old testament and find comparisons to Islam. Infidels certainly get destroyed in Revelations.

What is interesting that you put a lot of stock in Christian ideals. The Bible is very clear on the state of man and you seem to think our Govt is immune.

I'm appalled by the Saudi Regime and Iran (plus some others). That brutality is most of the issue. Our Govt is not perfect with Iran. Our support of the Saudi's in unacceptable. Therein is the majority of the problem.

What does really surprise me are your comments about Christian faith, an yet you take a Jewish line on dealing with enemies. Don't jump up and say, see he's a pacifist...I'm not.

There is also the support of a brutal Saudi Govt.

A bit surprised with your references to Christianity that you have a worldly outlook and that you have those attitudes about Muslims. One can pick apart the old testament and find comparisons to Islam. Infidels certainly get destroyed in Revelations.

What is interesting that you put a lot of stock in Christian ideals. The Bible is very clear on the state of man and you seem to think our Govt is immune.

I'm appalled by the Saudi Regime and Iran (plus some others). That brutality is most of the issue. Our Govt is not perfect with Iran. Our support of the Saudi's in unacceptable. Therein is the majority of the problem.

What does really surprise me are your comments about Christian faith, an yet you take a Jewish line on dealing with enemies. Don't jump up and say, see he's a pacifist...I'm not.
The book is called "Revelation."

The church isn't called upon to punish evil, or protect citizens, that is the role of the government.

Saudi, Iran, U.S., Russia, Christian, Muslim, there is enough evil to go around.

The book is called "Revelation."

The church isn't called upon to punish evil, or protect citizens, that is the role of the government.

Saudi, Iran, U.S., Russia, Christian, Muslim, there is enough evil to go around.

Absolutely. But you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Ya have to be insanely weak not to be able to ignore a conversation you don't want to be a part of

I may not wanna be part of a fight in the bar...but I'd still prefer they take it outside so as to not ruin the joint for the rest of us.

Blame Fran

tenor.gif