The Des Moines Register's editors seem to think

BnG4Me

that an Iowa State loss is more newsworthy than an Iowa win if the front page of the Sunday sports section is any indicator.
A full color photo of Fred Hoiberg looking despondent helps sell papers I guess.

I know this is old news, but felt like venting a bit.

Hey everyone! Hawkeyes win!

bilde

I think it depends on the sport. ISU basketball might get more attention but Iowa football probably gets more in central Iowa.

No, not true regarding Hawk football coverage, not until that point in any given season that the Hawks begin to clearly put together a record and season that clearly differentiates them from the Clones.

This from a paper that has nothing in their Business section on stocks and mutual fund performances. I swear it's only a matter of time before we'll also see a full page dedicated to a single person's obituary announcement. Can the pictures of individuals get any bigger?

They're in a sorry state. If it weren't for duct cleaning companies I don't think they could find enough advertisers.

I think it depends on the sport. ISU basketball might get more attention but Iowa football probably gets more in central Iowa.

The DSM Register wouldn't put ANYTHING positive about Iowa's Athletic programs if they didn't have to. It's some of the most biased journalism out there....IMO.

The DSM Register wouldn't put ANYTHING positive about Iowa's Athletic programs if they didn't have to. It's some of the most biased journalism out there....IMO.
I didn't say anything about positive or negative attention. I just said attention. ;)

The Rag just sucks in general, though.

that an Iowa State loss is more newsworthy than an Iowa win if the front page of the Sunday sports section is any indicator.
A full color photo of Fred Hoiberg looking despondent helps sell papers I guess.

I know this is old news, but felt like venting a bit.

I made the same observation as soon as I unfolded the sports section. I also noticed how the Randy Petterson only referenced KSU as a predicted winner of the big 12; nothing in the article about what a disappointment KSU is and that they have a sub 500 record and only have 2 more wins that isu....by design, you be the judge?????

But, after thinking about it, I say let the DMRag keep putting isu loses again and again and again and again above the fold on the front page. Then those folks that just glance at the headlines will come to believe that is the norm for isu is to lose, lose, lose, and lose again.....those darn unintended consequences get ya every time. And the photo of a confused coach just reinforces the losing headline.

Good job editors!

I made the same observation as soon as I unfolded the sports section. I also noticed how the Randy Petterson only referenced KSU as a predicted winner of the big 12; nothing in the article about what a disappointment KSU is and that they have a sub 500 record and only have 2 more wins that isu....by design, you be the judge?????

But, after thinking about it, I say let the DMRag keep putting isu loses again and again and again and again above the fold on the front page. Then those folks that just glance at the headlines will come to believe that is the norm for isu is to lose, lose, lose, and lose again.....those darn unintended consequences get ya every time. And the photo of a confused coach just reinforces the losing headline.

Good job editors!

Excellent point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Latest posts