The Day After

He'll get a post in the portal this year imo - but it doesn't really change my mind that they'll be in the top half of the conference regardless of roster. We just have a staff that knows how to win in this league.
We just have a staff that knows how to win in this league.

Let me change this ..If we just had staff that knows how to Win this league.

Tis but a minor change.

I wish... But he's gone. He probably won't be a lottery pick but he'll be a 1st rounder I bet. Just based on his skill set and that his brother is doing well he'll get taken high enough to where he's gotta go. I'm sure Fran and everyone would advise him to do so.

The pros and cons to coming back are what? If he came back it'd be with the hopes of playing himself into being a top 5 player or better right? And that may be possible. But that'd come with the risk of injury and time spent not being in the NBA. Remember he and Keegan took that extra yr of HS and Kris redshirted. He'll be 23 in August. Putting him as an old middle aged NBA player almost the day he gets there. For all those reasons he's gotta go.
I don't see him coming back and agree with what you said. Remember also, he went to the NBA Combine last summer and from what I read, he was pretty 50/50 on whether to turn pro or return to Iowa for this year.

I don't see him coming back and agree with what you said. Remember also, he went to the NBA Combine last summer and from what I read, he was pretty 50/50 on whether to turn pro or return to Iowa for this year.
Yeah he's just gotta go. They'll be players in the NBA on their 2nd contract that'll be younger then him when he first gets there...

If I had to pick a relative weakness and still be encouraged about a team, I would prefer that weakness to be at the 5.

I am not so sure Kris Murray won’t return next year. What players nationally are highly likely to be lottery picks in 2023? How many would be more highly rated than Kris? Would he be better off in 2024? I don’t know sick’em about the NBA and the draft. Just curious. I am not disregarding Kris’s ability. Love his game!

I think a team needs to have a couple 5's playing in the BIG, if not just for defense and rebounding.

The question for next year is how are we going to replace Rebraca and Murray. As others have pointed out we’ve wondered how we would replace Cook, Luka and Keegan in recent years and have been able to do it very effectively. That being said I don’t see an effective replacement for them on our roster. I believe that’s a concern. We have the other pieces in place someone new is going to have to step up. I also think that we are going to miss Connor more than some others realize. I would also agree with others that Fran is becoming a better coach the last few years. I have often thought that he was a terrible in game coach but feel like he’s been much improved over the last couple of years.

It's amazing when one is a better in-game coach when they have the ingredients to run his shit. I think Fran was missing a couple pieces here and there.

we didn't see an effective replacement for any of those guys, fwiw. We didn't know Keeagan was going to be who he was, we hoped Kris would be but we didn't know. When we lost Cook, we didn't know what Luka was. I literally can do this for almost every season and every year of Iowa basketball since Fran took over

You don't think it could be Tony Perkins or Peyton Sandfort? Cause I do
I believe Perkins or Sandfort can be the man but I’m concerned about having players at the 4 and 5 that are good enough to be the complimentary pieces to make a good complete team. This year we have players that can put the ball in the hoop at every position. Who are the bigs that will fill the void? I would love for it to be Mulvey or Ogundele but I doubt that they are the answer.

I believe Perkins or Sandfort can be the man but I’m concerned about having players at the 4 and 5 that are good enough to be the complimentary pieces to make a good complete team. This year we have players that can put the ball in the hoop at every position. Who are the bigs that will fill the void? I would love for it to be Mulvey or Ogundele but I doubt that they are the answer.
Transfer Portal - Iowa bringing in 2 Bigs as well. I think Mulvey actually will play and will contribute to this program at a higher level, he's a still a year out.

One thing I never worry too much about is Fran's roster management, he should get the benefit of the doubt by now that he knows how to put together a competitive team.

Transfer Portal - Iowa bringing in 2 Bigs as well. I think Mulvey actually will play and will contribute to this program at a higher level, he's a still a year out.

One thing I never worry too much about is Fran's roster management, he should get the benefit of the doubt by now that he knows how to put together a competitive team.

Also, we have to remember just how young Mulvey is? I think he graduated HS early and came in early. I am hoping he still matures some more, meaning fills out and gets better.

Also, we have to remember just how young Mulvey is? I think he graduated HS early and came in early. I am hoping he still matures some more, meaning fills out and gets better.
I was thinking the same thing on Mulvey. He really should be a freshman this year. I think it was Tom Davis that used to say, it takes bigs longer to develop, A lot of posters have been writing him off. He has shown flashes this year and next year I think he starts to come into his own. He either starts or has major contributions off the bench, 15-20 minutes per game.

I was thinking the same thing on Mulvey. He really should be a freshman this year. I think it was Tom Davis that used to say, it takes bigs longer to develop, A lot of posters have been writing him off. He has shown flashes this year and next year I think he starts to come into his own. He either starts or has major contributions off the bench, 15-20 minutes per game.

Yea, I think so. People have to remember just how young 17-18 yrs of age is. It's unfair I think to expect him to come in and just wreck opposing BIG 4 & 5's that most likely have experience. He'll gain experience and confidence. I think we have seen that this year.

Yea, I think so. People have to remember just how young 17-18 yrs of age is. It's unfair I think to expect him to come in and just wreck opposing BIG 4 & 5's that most likely have experience. He'll gain experience and confidence. I think we have seen that this year.
I hope y’all are right on Mulvey. I can’t say that you aren’t. I like both Mulvey and Ogundeles attitudes. When Ogundele makes a good play he gets so excited. It’s fun to watch. I hope to see him get some minutes tomorrow.

Connor plays his role quite well, floor leader, master of psychological warfare, for instance;
getting into the opponent's heads BigTime, All the Time and he can nail threes

Free throws are an afterthought with him

He and Jordan were the Dynamic Duo

Peyton is a dynamo on the court and compliments team members quite well and when
he is on, his threes and floor play will lead to a Win

Everyone on the floor is a valuable component, seems like they all have been there for years
even more that they actually are
Keep on posting, buddy, it's been a few days. We need to know you're ok.

Latest posts