The Davidson Train

In a best of 5 series, I think Davidson may (possibly) be better than a couple of those teams. If Davidson pressures and it causes problems, if they get hot and or a lot of 2nd chances on long rebounds there could be issues. It's a sexy upset pick for those looking for a bracket buster. Conversly, I find it hard to see a scenario where Iowa doesn't shoot a ton of freethrows and I like "and 1's" much more that 22' jumpers.

You do realize in order to get an "and 1" you have to actually make they layup when you get fouled right? That's something that doesn't seem to happen to hawkeye players too often.

I'd like to make some comments on Obama, Biden, Gingrich, Hillary Clinton, the economy, and the relative importance of Presidential influence vs. Federal Reserve monetary policy in driving the stock market.

But I won't.

Go Hawks!

This Hawk team seems to need a little extra motivation to preform well, hopefully all the negativity will give them the drive to be sharp for this game.

Davidson typically shoots much poorer away from home. As most 3pt teams do. In the cavernous arena they will be playing in, far far away from home, with little live fan support, I'm hoping they will clank their way to a loss. That combined with Obama picking against us gives me hope and change.
we've not exactly been good in big neutral-site arenas either, just sayin'

You know what you do with 3 point shooters, you do a couple ninja like surgical eye pokes, depth perception gets off and they'll push everything to the right. They'll give up the game

-Carl "former greenskeeper, about to become 2015 sweet 16 player"

Despite all the talking heads who are praising Davidson, i see the spread has now grown to -2.5 for the Hawks. I think vegas knows more than ESPN.

we've not exactly been good in big neutral-site arenas either, just sayin'

In my opinion that is a stupid stat with too small a sample size. We played good away from home for the most part. Who cares if its neutral court or away?

The 5-6 national pundit's brackets I have seen all have Davidson over Iowa. What's next ... Mason and Barta's brackets picking Davidson?

Starting to think this is the rematch of the 83 NC State v Houston title game and we are NC St. while Davidson is Phi Splasha 3'ball.

If we pull out a miracle win it could be the shocker of the tournament.

I picked Son Of David. Did you witness the Pedo State game?

It's about money, not love.

I know, right? I hate that guy.

dowjones2_banner_dec2014.jpg
0% interest rates are why the Dow and S&P are high

Once the interest rates hit and that "free" money leaves the market...

0% interest rates are why the Dow and S&P are high

Once the interest rates hit and that "free" money leaves the market...

Partially. The more important dynamic is the relative strength of the American economy compared to other markets, many of which have been saddled with the ill effects of self-imposed austerity.

Try not to hate America so much. Thx

header_logo.png

I'm trying to forget that most teams that make a run in the Tourney don't lose the first game they play in their conference tourney. Usually they are playing their best ball and become a really, really tough out.

ISU is the latest in a long line to say hello! Conference tourneys do not dictate results in the big dance. Sorry.

Latest posts