The Cubs Suck...

Maddon was another one I was thinking of. Good manager stuck in a small market and still running with the big dogs. Scioscia from the Angels would be cool too but good luck luring him out of LA.

I have been hearing rumblings of Allan Trammel for a year or so and then Ryno.

The Cubs' problem goes way deeper than the manager. How many managers were supposed to be the answer? The problem is a broken farm system. The Cubs have fallen into the trap of trading draft picks for current talent. The current talent all peaks at different times and when there is a good year, it takes hitting on all cylinders to make it to the series. Eventually that talent gets old and the level of play falls off.
The Cubs need to overhaul. They loose anyway, so this should be no shock to fans. Eventually those top prospects will pay dividends and people will be flooding Wrigley to see "their own" boys play.

Exactly. Managers have very little effect on the game. Unless you have someone like Dusty Baker who doesn't want guys taking walks since they "clog up the bases", most managers are only worth a win or two a year. I like Brenly as an announcer but wouldn't want him as a manager.

Wow...7 runs in on did I hear them say 2 hits in the inning? Why do I keep watching? I'd rather beat my head against the ivy-covered brick wall.....

It's amazing how over that last couple of days, Dusty's team has done things that he never had them do in Chicago. Hit and run, move runners over, take walks....amazing.

Lou should resign right now. or they should fire him right now.

I don't think he would care one bit. He's already given up, that's pretty evident. You can only blame so much on the manager though. Lou can't get hits for them. Lou can't throw strikes for them. The bottom line is that this team just doesn't perform when they need to. I do agree that Lou needs to go though. Might as well try something else and get some new blood in there ala Sandberg.

The Cubs Suck...

I've been a Cubs fan for 30 years and I can say that this team is going to have to improve a lot before they just suck.

Those dirty White Sox fans are still enjoying the glow of a World Series Title 5 years later,while competing for another division title....sweetttt!

As a Sox fan here in Chicago, I just sit back and watch the initial worship of super-managers like Dusty and Lou by the Cubs and their fans ...then the complete and total trashing of them. In the end, Casey Stengal would be a bum in a Cubs uni. Watch them go out and hire Joe Torre next year,and then watch him leave as a broken,shell of a man 4 years later,like all ex-cub managers.

The sad truth is that it was never Dusty or Lous fault...it is the cubness that gets them...they are simply doomed. It must suck to be a cub fan.

Those dirty White Sox fans are still enjoying the glow of a World Series Title 5 years later,while competing for another division title....sweetttt!

As a Sox fan here in Chicago, I just sit back and watch the initial worship of super-managers like Dusty and Lou by the Cubs and their fans ...then the complete and total trashing of them. In the end, Casey Stengal would be a bum in a Cubs uni. Watch them go out and hire Joe Torre next year,and then watch him leave as a broken,shell of a man 4 years later,like all ex-cub managers.

The sad truth is that it was never Dusty or Lous fault...it is the cubness that gets them...they are simply doomed. It must suck to be a cub fan.

It does suck...which will make it totally worth it if they ever do win it all...what would REALLY suck though, is being a Sox fan...because even though they've won a title in the past 5 years no one really gives a squirt about them unless one or more of their tweeker fans runs out onto the field to beat up a 60 year old...

I'm amazed by each and every loss now...they find ways to lose that I didn't think were possible! I still don't understand why Lilly was in there still in the 7th inning...he had already given up 5 runs and didn't look sharp at all...four more runs later, they finally put him out of his misery. I imagine this team completely tanks the next couple weeks and the Ricketts completely blow the thing up. I'm already looking forward to 2011 season! :)

bummer, i thought there would be some entertaining posts from cubbie fans after today's game... guess i'll check back tomorrow!

Latest posts