The Cubs Suck...

I don't expect it will take that long. With a competent GM in place, the team could turn around rather quickly. Notice I said "competent GM," as in someone other that Jim Hendry.

I agree. Hendry's reign needs to end. I'm just worried about all of these long *** contracts and no trade clauses. At least over the next two years we should be able to replace Lee, Ramirez, and Fuku. Lee and Ramirez were great up until last year but they're getting past their prime and it's time to move on.

I agree. Hendry's reign needs to end. I'm just worried about all of these long *** contracts and no trade clauses. At least over the next two years we should be able to replace Lee, Ramirez, and Fuku. Lee and Ramirez were great up until last year but they're getting past their prime and it's time to move on.

You'd think that with this being a roster that he basically hand-picked, and that it has basically nosedived since the playoffs in 2008, that he would just up and resign.

You'd think that with this being a roster that he basically hand-picked, and that it has basically nosedived since the playoffs in 2008, that he would just up and resign.

Why resign? He gets paid for his mediocrity. Same with Lou. He should step down too but he's getting paid so he might as well stay. The end of this season will tell us a lot about how the Rickett's want to run the team. If they move Hendry and go after a good manager then I will have faith. If not, they're just another rendition of the Tribune era...

BTW, I don't think Ryne is the option yet. He hasn't proved anything down in AAA. I love the guy but I don't want to see him in the bigs yet. Throw a crap ton of money at Girardi or bring Brenley down from the booth.

Why resign? He gets paid for his mediocrity. Same with Lou. He should step down too but he's getting paid so he might as well stay. The end of this season will tell us a lot about how the Rickett's want to run the team. If they move Hendry and go after a good manager then I will have faith. If not, they're just another rendition of the Tribune era...

BTW, I don't think Ryne is the option yet. He hasn't proved anything down in AAA. I love the guy but I don't want to see him in the bigs yet. Throw a crap ton of money at Girardi or bring Brenley down from the booth.

I don't either, but I think it's a double-edge sword at the same time. In all reality, he needs (or at least seems to need) another year here in Des Moines to hone his skills. At the same time, nobody seems to think Lou is going to be back next year, and the chorus of people who wouldn't want him back anyway is getting louder everyday. Nobody is going to take the Cubs job merely to keep the seat warm for Ryno; whoever gets the job is going to need a long term deal.

So the question - which has three parts - is this.

Do you bring Ryno up if Lou leaves, even if it's a year early?
Do you keep Lou around for another year to give Ryno that extra year here, even though it would be a PR disaster?
Or do you cut ties with Lou at the end of year, hire someone else to a long-term deal, and then watch another team hire Ryno?

I don't either, but I think it's a double-edge sword at the same time. In all reality, he needs (or at least seems to need) another year here in Des Moines to hone his skills. At the same time, nobody seems to think Lou is going to be back next year, and the chorus of people who wouldn't want him back anyway is getting louder everyday. Nobody is going to take the Cubs job merely to keep the seat warm for Ryno; whoever gets the job is going to need a long term deal.

So the question - which has three parts - is this.

Do you bring Ryno up if Lou leaves, even if it's a year early?
Do you keep Lou around for another year to give Ryno that extra year here, even though it would be a PR disaster?
Or do you cut ties with Lou at the end of year, hire someone else to a long-term deal, and then watch another team hire Ryno?

Option 3 IF and only IF it's somebody high end. Tony LaRussa is getting near the end of his contract. Yes, he's a Cardinal but he gets the most out of his players and if he brings Duncan with him we may have something.

Option 3 IF and only IF it's somebody high end. Tony LaRussa is getting near the end of his contract. Yes, he's a Cardinal but he gets the most out of his players and if he brings Duncan with him we may have something.

I want no part of Tony LaRussa. I'd go after someone like Ron Gardenhire or Joe Maddon. Tony LaRussa has the player who may go down as the greatest of all time on his team. He wouldn't have that on the Cubs.

I want no part of Tony LaRussa. I'd go after someone like Ron Gardenhire or Joe Maddon.

Maddon was another one I was thinking of. Good manager stuck in a small market and still running with the big dogs. Scioscia from the Angels would be cool too but good luck luring him out of LA.

I have inside and accurate information GHOST and Steve Bartman were actually one in the same.

I want no part of Tony LaRussa. I'd go after someone like Ron Gardenhire or Joe Maddon. Tony LaRussa has the player who may go down as the greatest of all time on his team. He wouldn't have that on the Cubs.

Puullleezssseeee.....you wouldn't want Phil Jackson to coach the Hawks because he's only won becuz he had Jordan and Kobe?

LaRussa is a winner, period.

The Cubs' problem goes way deeper than the manager. How many managers were supposed to be the answer? The problem is a broken farm system. The Cubs have fallen into the trap of trading draft picks for current talent. The current talent all peaks at different times and when there is a good year, it takes hitting on all cylinders to make it to the series. Eventually that talent gets old and the level of play falls off.
The Cubs need to overhaul. They loose anyway, so this should be no shock to fans. Eventually those top prospects will pay dividends and people will be flooding Wrigley to see "their own" boys play.

Latest posts