the completely unofficial "Fran lost this game" thread

mrolympia

a lot of evidence to support this. Leaving Clemmons in the game after he'd turned the ball over about 20 times in a row, letting marble run the point for the last several minutes, not using timeouts properly (could've used one to break up that 19-2 run or whatever it was).

What's concerning is that White was an absolute no-show. I really hope his arm was bothering him because 5 points and zero boards in 27 minutes in the game that decides if you go to the NCAA tourney or not, what more motivation do you need?

refs didn't do Iowa any favors but to blame the game on them is taking the cheap way out.

I blame Fran for not playing a big the last 8 min or so. It was perplexing as MSU got to the rim so easily with no shot blocking threat.

a lot of evidence to support this. Leaving Clemmons in the game after he'd turned the ball over about 20 times in a row, letting marble run the point for the last several minutes, not using timeouts properly (could've used one to break up that 19-2 run or whatever it was).

What's concerning is that White was an absolute no-show. I really hope his arm was bothering him because 5 points and zero boards in 27 minutes in the game that decides if you go to the NCAA tourney or not, what more motivation do you need?

refs didn't do Iowa any favors but to blame the game on them is taking the cheap way out.

This is all stupid. Gessel was hurt and Marble was not effective. We needed our timeouts, and used them all properly. We lost because we weren't good enough on the floor to prevent and MSU 19-2 run, end of story.

Given what was at stake in this game, I too think that Fran didn't have an answer - was out coached by Izzo down the stretch

This is all stupid. Gessel was hurt and Marble was not effective. We needed our timeouts, and used them all properly. We lost because we weren't good enough on the floor to prevent and MSU 19-2 run, end of story.

And Woody sat for that last 10mins of the game.... hmmmmmmmm

So with Mike hurt and Dev about to rip someones head off after his bs foul call who would you have played?

so you agree with the decision to keep clemmons in the game and not sit him after his 5th consecutive turnover and the decision to keep both woody and olaseni on the bench when msu was getting easy buckets on the inside..........gotcha. :rolleyes:

We don't have anyone that can take someone off the dribble that is what this team lacks, that and a guy that can hit an open 3.

so you agree with the decision to keep clemmons in the game and not sit him after his 5th consecutive turnover and the decision to keep both woody and olaseni on the bench when msu was getting easy buckets on the inside..........gotcha. :rolleyes:

No, I would have gone with BJ Armstrong first, a healthy Gessel second, and an effective Marble third. Unfortunately none of those were options.

Fran lost this game and all the other tough B1G games by scheduling OOC SOS 312 instead of playing some tough teams to help the young guys mature.

So with Mike hurt and Dev about to rip someones head off after his bs foul call who would you have played?

if fran had given ingram more minutes throughout the year he could have played him instead of clemmons who was basically handing the game to MSU. I've never been all that impressed with clemmons. There's what the stats say and the eyeball test and most of the time he fails the eyeball test.

Fran lost this game and all the other tough B1G games by scheduling OOC SOS 312 instead of playing some tough teams to help the young guys mature.

I understand that the OOC SOS hurts us pretty bad right now, but please remember where the team was to start the season. We nearly got blown out of our own gym against Gardner-Webb.

A top 100 OOC SOS wouldn't have done us any good if we had 2 or 3 more losses.

if fran had given ingram more minutes throughout the year he could have played him instead of clemmons who was basically handing the game to MSU. I've never been all that impressed with clemmons. There's what the stats say and the eyeball test and most of the time he fails the eyeball test.

Why do you think that Ingram would have done better if it has already been determined that Clemmons is currently a better player, as evidenced by the fact that Clemmons plays and Ingram does not?

I understand that the OOC SOS hurts us pretty bad right now, but please remember where the team was to start the season. We nearly got blown out of our own gym against Gardner-Webb.

A top 100 OOC SOS wouldn't have done us any good if we had 2 or 3 more losses.

So what...at least play someone and have some adversity rather than playing teams that only cover up your weaknesses because they suck so bad. Play tougher teams and get prepared for conference play...maybe they don't pee six conference games down their legs (see: Wisconsin).

Latest posts