The Complete All-Kirk Ferentz Team

I would say James Daniels as first team center still stands out the oddest choice on the team.

Daniels was on a trajectory to become an outstanding center. He had the tools but needed experience. Blythe had the advantage of being an experienced senior. It was part of what pushed the 2015 team over the top. I would pick both Nelson and Blythe for their contributions as a Hawkeye.

It would be interesting to put this team up against other Big Ten and national teams from the same era. Iowa would run on anyone and that defense would be dominant.

Great list, I have a few minor disagreements as does almost everyone. But that is the fun of it. Now let's see an all-time list. I think it has been 20 years, or so since we've seen one of those. And the panel Rob and Jon put together looks like a good one to put together an all-time greats list. Suggest they just leave the Kinnick Stadium Wall of Honor inductees off the list. Just call them legends and go from there.

You think it’s time to put some of these players into the ring of honor? It’s like the ring is short the last 25 -30 years of players.

It would be interesting to put this team up against other Big Ten and national teams from the same era. Iowa would run on anyone and that defense would be dominant.
Trouble is you have to include coaching in the total win equation.
Our coaching would cost us games.

Latest posts