The Committee Has Spoken...

Uhh, the committee chair said "It came down to those teams not have quality road wins". I would really be bragging about Baylor being a quality road win.

Quality does not necessarily mean top 25. In fact, it typically means top 50 RPI team. But you're correct in saying Iowa State didn't really have any of those so maybe he meant top 100 team on the road was a quality road win?

The RPI has shown over and over again that if you schedule some good teams in the non-conference weather you win or lose doesn't matter.

That is the whole problem with the RPI.

I agree never had a shot even beating Mich. State. I doubt a shot getting to the final either.
Was all over for the Hawks weeks ago.

Committee went on a Cinderella search this year and put in teams that racked up wins but beat no one. If thats the way its gonna be, then you don't want to be anywhere near the bubble if you are a maj. conf. team for future tourneys.

It's like they are trying to penalize teams that pad the schedule to get to 20+ wins. Totally ignoring the work they do in conference.

You can still pad your preseason schedule. You just have to schedule teams 250-300 instead of 300 plus. It is a rather arbitrary cut of line if you ask me.

What a joke, this committee heavily favored mid majors. Whether you look at St Marys, MTSU, Boise St, La Salle, etc. Even the seeding was out of line IMO.

Look at how much representation mid-majors had on the committee.

I hate mid-majors.

If thats the way its gonna be, then you don't want to be anywhere near the bubble if you are a maj. conf. team for future tourneys.

Well, the NCAA is a major rent seeker when it comes to running this tournament and they act like (sorry to get political) a Democrat handing out welfare checks to smaller conferences. A piece of the superconference model will probably be a split off of a basketball tournament. I guarantee you that the SEC commissioner ain't happy he's got two pretty respectable squads, including the defending national champion, going to the freaking NIT.

if you think the head coach has no input on scheduling you are either high or ignorant. Even in hs the hc has input on schedule. The hc has a lot of say on schedule outside of what preseason tourney you are invited to.

Not disputing that.

But the AD signs the bottom line...not the HC. If you think the AD is simply the HC's puppet, then you're either high or ignorant.

Plus, I don't think the HC works the phones for games, locations, tournaments, etc? Right?

Latest posts