The Committee Has Spoken...

1977Hawkeye

And the verdict is: To heck with Pomeroy. To heck with Sagarin. The horribly flawed RPI, and non-conference SOS continues to be what matters to the committee. Iowa in the Top 30 in the other polls, but 70's in the RPI = NIT. Thus, we have our answer.

Right or wrong, whether I agree or not, it is what it is. So it shall be written. So it shall be done.

Listen up Fran - better get that non-conference schedule beefed up for next year, or at least remove all those 300+ RPI opponents (plus it would make the non-conference schedule a lot more entertaining, win or lose). You may lose a couple more games, sure, but it will pay off in the RPI. Tougher non-conference schedule plus a decent showing in the Big Ten will get you in the NCAA Tournament. Next year, I hope this is what we see.

Oh well, here's hoping to a long run in the NIT, maybe the title, and a big 2013-14 season.

That's all I've got, fellow Hawkeye fans. Signing off.

The committee chair is on right now and said the bubble teams left out did not win games against quality opponents on the road.

MTSU did not beat quality teams on the road either.

To me, this whole bracket is just RUBBISH. Iowa really had no shot as of weeks ago per what the committee head is saying.

What a joke, this committee heavily favored mid majors. Whether you look at St Marys, MTSU, Boise St, La Salle, etc. Even the seeding was out of line IMO.

Are we in if we had beat Nebraska or Purdue? I don't think we would have been.

I kind of makes me wonder, and think "not". Just remove those RPI 250-300+ teams from your non-conference, and that will make a big difference. Weak non-conference seems to be the kiss of death from the committee. It is almost irrelevant what you do in conference. It's funny.

I guess if Iowa had beaten MSU once (or twice), gotten a win at Wisconsin and/or Minnesota, maybe it would have gotten in. But it still would have been punished with a horrible seed due to the weak non-con.

Learn to work the RPI. That's the key IMO. Then, and only then, can you get a high seed.

Are we in if we had beat Nebraska or Purdue? I don't think we would have been.

We were maybe a millimeter away from dancing. Oglesby shot at the end of regulation vs. Wisconsin that went halfway down and out goes in, we probably are in. If that shot is a millimeter or two closer to the center of the hole, we're in.

Meh, I'm talking top tier wins. Minny & ISU don't count. Wisky counts. Needed to beat OSU, Indiana, or MSU. Oh, and not lose to Nebby.

They didn't deserve to be in.

No one on the bubble did that which is why people had small hope in the first place.

We were maybe a millimeter away from dancing. Oglesby shot at the end of regulation vs. Wisconsin that went halfway down and out goes in, we probably are in. If that shot is a millimeter or two closer to the center of the hole, we're in.

Or if he just passes it to the wide open dude under the basket.

And the verdict is: To heck with Pomeroy. To heck with Sagarin. The horribly flawed RPI, and non-conference SOS continues to be what matters to the committee. Iowa in the Top 30 in the other polls, but 70's in the RPI = NIT. Thus, we have our answer.

Right or wrong, whether I agree or not, it is what it is. So it shall be written. So it shall be done.

Listen up Fran - better get that non-conference schedule beefed up for next year, or at least remove all those 300+ RPI opponents (plus it would make the non-conference schedule a lot more entertaining, win or lose). You may lose a couple more games, sure, but it will pay off in the RPI. Tougher non-conference schedule plus a decent showing in the Big Ten will get you in the NCAA Tournament. Next year, I hope this is what we see.

Oh well, here's hoping to a long run in the NIT, maybe the title, and a big 2013-14 season.

That's all I've got, fellow Hawkeye fans. Signing off.

Best advice for Fran. Schedule 2-3 crappy teams in Middle Tennessee conference. Of course, you have to play them on the road in front of 2000 people and lose revenues because of it. Oh well, still excited for the NIT.

Latest posts