The Cody Larsen 'Situation'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your memory must suck then. Russ was a good player. Another player that would ahve fit nicely in Lick's system being a big guy with nice range. I would compare Coug's to Millard because Cody looks like a better athlete than both Millard and Coug's.
Cougill is nothing like Millard. Russ was a bull inside, Brennan doesnt have the strength, nor the conditioning, to play inside(right now). If he ever gets strong enough, then, perhaps he can try to show a post game, whereas Russ had one from day one. Russ even had the ability to shoot on the perimeter, and if it wasnt for an injury and grades, he would have had a very nice career at IOWA, plus he had nice strength to play D inside, and again, Brennan is way behind on that too(hopefully, this season of playing will inspire him to work his tail off to gain the strength and conditioning, if he does, it will be interesting to see what he can do).

Cougill is nothing like Millard. Russ was a bull inside, Brennan doesnt have the strength, nor the conditioning, to play inside(right now). If he ever gets strong enough, then, perhaps he can try to show a post game, whereas Russ had one from day one. Russ even had the ability to shoot on the perimeter, and if it wasnt for an injury and grades, he would have had a very nice career at IOWA, plus he had nice strength to play D inside, and again, Brennan is way behind on that too(hopefully, this season of playing will inspire him to work his tail off to gain the strength and conditioning, if he does, it will be interesting to see what he can do).
Coug's also has three more years to get in better shape and become a better player. Coug's and Millard are big guys with a nice outside touch so they are a like. I never said Coug's was a beast on the borads. They are built similar but Coug's does need to hit the weights and get in shape. If you haven't noticed that Coug's has a nice touch from 3 point land and he will develop and inside game in the years to come. If Coug's does put in thr time and effort he very well could be a version of Millard.

Don't be too critical or you'll be banned for life!! I'm starting to get a sick feeling about our recruiting class.

I agree. We certainly don't know the facts but it clearly looks like it's more than just being out at a party drinking and or being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't recall seeing the original poster stating anything nefarious in nature..

Good grief you sound like you want to see bad news about our recruit. This isn't national security. Back away from the pipe and relax.

This is a program that doesn't need any more bad news, and I certainly am not wishing for that. OTOH this team's development has been substantially set back by the actions of another recruit who had issues with substance abuse along the way. I'm hoping that Lick and the program find a way to avoid a repeat with what appears from all measures to be a very talented commit.

I think HN deserves to know the rest of the story here and whether the scholarship gets yanked.

Seems pretty clear. School resource office hears about what may be going on, investigates, removes the accused from class, let's the police, courts and school district sort it all out. The one suspected of doing the selling (and no Iowa commit has been mentioned as a seller) is obviously going to be the focus. All those who are suspected of buying are given the strong arm to get them talking. Get the story from each individual separately and then file charges if necessary. If it turns out to be a few guys sharing some pain meds, then it will probably be a legal slap on the wrist for those who "bought". The school district probably has a no tolerance policy, so any one in possession will probably be dealt with pretty harshly.

I am skeptical of the post outlining the punishments each kid supposedly received. Something like this usually takes some time to work through the process. Certaianly, the police need to finish their work before the school takes action.

The seller (if he was one), or even if he simply was handing them out free, is in more trouble. The laws are pretty stacked against people handing out schedule III narcotics.

There have been some posts in this thread deleted..and there has been another poster banned, and the things that he said are questionable with regards to libel. The IP address has been registered and saved.

I know that there were aspects of what was written that are untrue, and that was easy enough to cross check and prove. If Larson had been in possession of what was alleged, his fate would have been the same as others. But he did not, so his was not. People have very important facts wrong here, and they are damaging and untrue and will not be tolerated. SCHawk's post right above is the most level headed and near the mark comment of anything I have seen. Larson is not serving at out of school suspension, which should tell you something...where others are.

Folks, this will be the end of this discussion right now. Just like how I treat things related to Iowa players, until there is something on the record, we'll stick to the record, and no further. Please do not test me on this as I have zero patience or tolerance for it.

One final thing. I know that you can make screen names that make you anonymous. But when it comes to posts that cross a line, do not assume your anonymity will remain. In the event concerned parties wish to pursue legal action, I have no problem providing them with the IP addresses of those that are throwing crap against the wall, or posting things that are only partly accurate, where the rest is a game of telephone where people have it wrong. That has always been the case, I have stated that before, and am stating it again. If that is highly irritating to some folks, that's fine by me. If that causes some folks to not want to post here, again, certainly fine by me. Perhaps knowing this and putting it out into the light again will stop some people from just posting sometimes totally inaccurate BS, or partly inaccruate BS that gets real important things wrong. This stuff is different than posting that someone broke an ankle or something like that. What has been said by some folks that do not have the story straight from what I have been able to gather by talking with key parties involved is potentially harmful and will not be tolerated. If you have any problems with this, email me. If you start more threads about this, they will be deleted and the concerns will not be responded to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts