The Cody Larsen 'Situation'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the ban Jon. This thread has me reminiscing of some internet rumor about a Texas or Nebraska player? (cant remember it was last year) that got a poster in some sort of lawsuit or legal problems. I was wondering if anyone remembers anything like this? It's a great example of what a completely false rumor can cause?

Last edited:
Cody has not been arrested, nor will he likely be arrested. The situation is not of a criminal nature, and based on what people in SD and Iowa City know everything that has transpired, they know there was no nefarious actions that took place or premeditated nefarious actions.

And people in Iowa City are not concerned about any of this based on the first hand accounts they have received from the parties involved.

So let's put an end to the speculation. Does anyone recall the original poster's handle that made the arrest thread? That person that said he saw Cody being arrested will be banned for life from these boards, along with his IP address. Anyone that posts crap like that will meet the same fate. granted, its not like you are being sent to Gulag, but it's the most severe 'penalty' we can access, and we will.

Please use this instance as a reminder to be more responsible when posting.

Since the situation is no big deal, Jon, why don't you tell us more details?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did somebody say Situation?

mike-the-situation-306x460.jpg

Couldn't help myself.

First of all what you mean to say is "we need a lot more THAN Cody".

Secondly what exactly does this bring to the conversation other than to get in an "Iowa BBall sucks jab".
I didn't mean anymore then or is it than, that. Was I suppose to have some deep philosophical post...like, "Iowa basketball is one class away from turning the corner, inspite of having the worst three year run ever." Sorry I will keep my negative Nelly comments down...:confused:

Thanks for clearing that up,Jon. It is a relief to know that it is not serious and that the Cody Larson train to IC is still running smooth....we need the big guy next year.

I think Cody Larson is the best talent Iowa has coming in in this recruiting class. The videos I saw of him when he was playing AAU ball instead of with his HS team were impressive. He showed great athleticism, looked like a legit 6-8/6-9 and already seemed to have a host of inside moves along with being light on his feet with a solid build. He reminded me a bit of Russ Millard, only maybe slightly better than Russ at this stage in his career.

Again what would that have to do with the topic being discussed here? This thread is about the “situation†not about the state of the Iowa Basketball program.

It's not a question of being negative; it's a question of being negative for the sake of being negative. Your post had nothing to do with the topic being discussed, it wasn’t a rebuttal to another post or thought, it was just an attempted slam.

You came on here about a month ago announcing you had been banned from previous message boards solely because your thoughts were not popular, you claimed how you looked forward to being involved in a community where thoughts and opinions could be freely expressed and honest disagreements could be had. However from what I have seen the only opinion/idea/though you seem to have is Iowa sucks.

I think you are going to find (and I’m not the only one judging by some of the other comments here) that if you continue to act/post in this manner you will find yourself just as unpopular here as you were at the “other boardâ€.

If you are honestly confused (and I doubt that you are) about why people take issue with what you say/post perhaps you need to need to examine each potential post before submission and ask yourself if it has anything to do with or brings any value to the conversation. If the answer is no perhaps you should think twice before sending it.

If you are here just to “stir the pot†I think you are going to find yourself SOL. Most of the people here seem to be more inclined to hit “ignore member†and go on their merry way as opposed to creating 300 word posts explaining to people why take issue with what is being said.

I think Cody Larson is the best talent Iowa has coming in in this recruiting class. The videos I saw of him when he was playing AAU ball instead of with his HS team were impressive. He showed great athleticism, looked like a legit 6-8/6-9 and already seemed to have a host of inside moves along with being light on his feet with a solid build. He reminded me a bit of Russ Millard, only maybe slightly better than Russ at this stage in his career.

Gosh, I hope he's more than just slightly better than Russ Millard at this stage. I seem to remember that RM wasn't really all that good in his day.

Gosh, I hope he's more than just slightly better than Russ Millard at this stage. I seem to remember that RM wasn't really all that good in his day.
Your memory must suck then. Russ was a good player. Another player that would ahve fit nicely in Lick's system being a big guy with nice range. I would compare Coug's to Millard because Cody looks like a better athlete than both Millard and Coug's.

Russ Millard was a knee injury away from being an all time Iowa great and having a long NBA career. He blew and ACL before those things were easy to fix.

I don't like doing the comparison thing, but all things considered, I think I'd classify Larson as more of a "Matt Bullard/Al Lorenzen" type where as Russ Millard wasn't quite as athletic...but man, he was a damn good player! One of my all-time favs.

Drafted in the 2nd round, He could have at least been another Matt Bullard and stick in the NBA for years if he did'nt have injury problems. If Larson ends up that good, things will be just fine

He was 2nd for me. Kingsbury was always #1, but Millard was close b/c I was the chubby kid that could shoot.

Speaking of Kingsbury...anyone else remember the half-court fastbreak alley-oop he threw up for Settles? It was an NCAA Tourney game, I think...but I can't remember AND I can't seem to find any video of it...HELP!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts