The Cody Larsen 'Situation'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Cody has not been arrested, nor will he likely be arrested. The situation is not of a criminal nature, and based on what people in SD and Iowa City know everything that has transpired, they know there was no nefarious actions that took place or premeditated nefarious actions.

And people in Iowa City are not concerned about any of this based on the first hand accounts they have received from the parties involved.

So let's put an end to the speculation. Does anyone recall the original poster's handle that made the arrest thread? That person that said he saw Cody being arrested will be banned for life from these boards, along with his IP address. Anyone that posts crap like that will meet the same fate. granted, its not like you are being sent to Gulag, but it's the most severe 'penalty' we can access, and we will.

Please use this instance as a reminder to be more responsible when posting.

Last edited:
I guess it will be interesting to see what really happened especially since he was not allowed to play the other night.

Cody has not been arrested, nor will he likely be arrested. The situation is not of a criminal nature, and based on what people in SD and Iowa City know everything that has transpired, they know there was no nefarious actions that took place or premeditated nefarious actions.

And people in Iowa City are not concerned about any of this based on the first hand accounts they have received from the parties involved.

So let's put an end to the speculation. Does anyone recall the original poster's handle that made the arrest thread? That person that said he saw Cody being arrested will be banned for life from these boards, along with his IP address. Anyone that posts crap like that will meet the same fate. granted, its not like you are being sent to Gulag, but it's the most severe 'penalty' we can access, and we will.

Please use this instance as a reminder to be more responsible when posting.

BobAfromSD i believe was his screen name

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it will be interesting to see what really happened especially since he was not allowed to play the other night.

While what occurred was deemed to be innocent, it might be akin to being at a party where there was alcohol when you are in HS, even if you didn't do anything wrong, or there was no intent to do anything wrong.

Why would the guy be banned for life? He could have easily seen Larson get in trouble for being at a party with alcohol. The cops could have cuffed him, seen he wasn't drinking and let him go. Would the OP be wrong with what he said?

FYI I didn't see the original post and hadn't heard anything about this. Just wondering

While what occurred was deemed to be innocent, it might be akin to being at a party where there was alcohol when you are in HS, even if you didn't do anything wrong, or there was no intent to do anything wrong.

With facebook and technology the way it is now, it could have been as simple as someone tagging him in a picture at a party that had under age drinking.

ALL of that is just an example, of course. But it could easily be something as minor as that.

Right or wrong, I know I went to many parties in high school where kids were drinking, during a season. Fortunately they didn't have facebook back then. :)

If I post something like this about a Michigan player would I suffer the same fate?

I dont want to see crap like that anywhere. I wish there were 100 of me so I could assign about 50 to the message boards :)

We just don't need stuff like this, and it takes away from the fun that can be had from forums. I wish I could take a look at everything right away, but I can't possibly read every post. So the help is always appreciated

Thanks for clearing that up,Jon. It is a relief to know that it is not serious and that the Cody Larson train to IC is still running smooth....we need the big guy next year.

Why would the guy be banned for life? He could have easily seen Larson get in trouble for being at a party with alcohol. The cops could have cuffed him, seen he wasn't drinking and let him go. Would the OP be wrong with what he said?

FYI I didn't see the original post and hadn't heard anything about this. Just wondering

Correct, you didn't see the original post. I don't put the lifetime ban down without reason.

The OP in that thread said he saw him leaving the high school and one of his friends in handcuffs, that is a little more serious than saying he saw him get in trouble at a party with alcohol.

The OP in that thread said he saw him leaving the high school and one of his friends in handcuffs, that is a little more serious than saying he saw him get in trouble at a party with alcohol.

Given what I have heard about the situation, I think it was an irresponsible post and the HN community will be the better without the OP's contributions going forward. This isn't up for debate.

First of all what you mean to say is "we need a lot more THAN Cody".

Secondly what exactly does this bring to the conversation other than to get in an "Iowa BBall sucks jab".

You slammed him twice, first you make fun of his grammar then you make fun of his hatred for Iowa BB, thats a double burn...

Given what I have heard about the situation, I think it was an irresponsible post and the HN community will be the better without the OP's contributions going forward. This isn't up for debate.

I agree with you and wasn't trying to debate it. I was just responding to the clown fan about what the OP actually said since he didn't understand what was wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts