The Breakdown: Iowa No Match for Wolverines

JBo took 2 shots in the game. Unacceptable. Wieskamp took 5 shots in the game. Unacceptable. They need to get more looks. Figure that out.

Cook was banged up last night. He knocked heads with Garza and had a big ice pack on his left thigh after the game.

I wasn't expecting them to win tonight. But for much of the season this year they were ranked, I was hoping the team would compete like a top 25 team. It was disappointing to see so many unguarded threes. Seeing that in November is one thing, but in March...
And that's the biggest problem we have middle of the pack at Iowa is always good enough! If that's all you expect then that's all you will be. I expect them to compete successfully getting beat by 20 and 30 should be total aberrations NOT the "usual" which it was this year.

Iowa's record (including BIG Tourney) is 1-7 vs. those that finished above us in conf. play.......and that's probably a blessing since we only played PU, MSU, & MD one time only. ........couple that with our last second shots that gave us W's vs the 12th & 14th finish teams in the BIG. I'm willing to see how Iowa performs in the NCAA Tourney before closing the book on them this season but just hard to imagine much noise will be made. Our opponent/s in the Tourney probably won't be as familiar with us as our BIG opponents so maybe we have that going for us.

Fran needs to find better talent IMO before things change to much degree. Having a hard time seeing it be much different next season based on current players & incoming class.
The average Kenpom ranking of those 8 games is 9.5. Drop MD and it’s 7.1. So we obviously aren’t a top 10 team. And we don’t excel when a lot of contact is allowed.

But that doesn’t mean we can’t win a game in the NCAA Tournament. One could argue we have a 1 in 8 chance of winning the 2nd game. As the underdog I prefer the better team not have a lot of time to prepare.

We may lose our next game. But it’s far from a given.

1st sentence Fran said they were all DISAPPOINTED tonight. He then stated they won 22 games this year which is an 8 game improvement from last year. Fran then goes on to say he proud of his team and mentioned Baer by name. WTF is wrong with the statement Hassel? I’m sure if an ISU coach said this statement word for word you would be slobbering all over them. Babbling like a school girl on how this statement should be put in the hall of great statements and bronzed... But yeah,most know your CNN,fake news,typical media Drama career is as good as it will get....
Lay off the snark, fan boy. If you don’t have higher expectations for Iowa basketball than the mediocre accomplishments Fran seems to be pointing to, I’m sorry, I can’t help you.

Hassel was spot on.

To me it's disappointing when Jordan B says things like ( I should of played harder and been more aggressive). Well maybe.

Tyler hadn’t dunked the ball in a month before Thursday. I should have said he looks 100% I guess...to avoid answering a pointless question like this one. He was high flying and moving quicker.

And Bohannon was icing his hip Thursday after the game...per Rob....and has been hurt for about a month. My comment suggested a week off would be a potentially good thing for the whole team...especially these 2. I guess you disagree. Why do you think rest is bad?
I just always see you speculating about injuries when things aren’t going well. It’s the B1G conference everyone is going through it, just find the excuses tired. Michigan is simply a better team and played about as good as they could, it happens.

I just always see you speculating about injuries when things aren’t going well. It’s the B1G conference everyone is going through it, just find the excuses tired. Michigan is simply a better team and played about as good as they could, it happens.
You say “always” speculating about injuries. Please link. I expect at least a dozen examples. And that doesn’t mean 4 in the last week on Cook. That would be 1.

Latest posts