The Big Ten is Really Strong this Year!

ChosenChildren

Iowa is ranked #18 in the AP Top 25 poll today and will probably be ranked at least that high in the CFP ranking on Tuesday. There are FIVE Big Ten teams ranked ahead of Iowa, which means six Big Ten teams are ranked in the Top 18. That is remarkable. The Big Ten is the best football conference in the country right now.

I think Ohio State will win the national championship this year. They are that good. I also think that the Big Ten will do well in the bowl season.

For Iowa to go 9-3 with their schedule this season has to be considered a very good season, and one to remember. Very proud of this team and the effort they gave in all 12 games. Yes, it would have been wonderful to defeat Wisconsin (we were 3 points short) but nobody was going to defeat Ohio State in the championship game anyway. Wisconsin will be annihilated by at least 3 touchdowns. I'm looking forward to a good bowl game for Iowa and the chance to go 10-3. I'm also going to savor the exciting wins against bitter rivals Iowa State, Minnesota and Nebraska. I'll remember how our defense played in the 4th quarters of the Minnesota and Nebraska games on national television. I'll remember the final clutch drive against Nebraska and the final kick, against all odds (Duncan had to make that kick twice). I'll remember the sweet win over Iowa State after their "Gameday" celebration, rallying from a deficit late in the 3rd quarter. Most of all, I'll remember Nate Stanley's toughness in the 4th quarter against Nebraska and AJ Epeneza's amazing play against Minnesota and Nebraska when we needed him most.That is how I'll remember this team.

This was a fun year. Yes, bittersweet; but tremendously exciting. It was good to be an Iowa football fan this year. It is just a game but this season created memories. I'm proud to be an a Hawkeye fan. We can hold our heads high after our team's performance.

Please list the Big Ten's accomplishments in out of conference play that would indicate the conference is strong. I'll hang up and listen.

Please list the Big Ten's accomplishments in out of conference play that would indicate the conference is strong. I'll hang up and listen.
Please list the SEC's first.

BhYhKZN.png

Last edited:
Please list the SEC's first.

I asked the OP first, but Oregon, Notre Dame, Florida State, Miami and Texas all come to mind. I recall Michigan beating ND as well, but then I think the Big Ten's next best win is probably Iowa over 7-5 Iowa State.

Florida State, Miami, and Texas. LMFAO

You forgot Stanford and Pitt for B1G if you're going to list those under achieving teams.

Florida State, Miami, and Texas. LMFAO

You forgot Stanford and Pitt for B1G if you're going to list those under achieving teams.

Um, Standford beat Northwestern. If you're going to include losses, might as well include the SEC's two losses to Clemson. Sorry that the SEC actually tries to schedule decent teams and can't help it if blue bloods fall off a cliff.

FSU, Miami, and Texas aren't really any better than the ISU win.

This year, no, but schedules are made several years in advance and the SEC is trying to get decent games, not lining up shit like Cincinnati or Fresno State as their best games.

Ah yes, juggernauts like Duke, Western Carolina, and New Mexico State

The best non-con opponent the Big Ten played this year was Notre Dame, which the SEC also played. The next best was ISU. Next was probably ASU, then maybe Colorado and Standford. After that, it falls of a damned cliff. All conferences have some cupcake games, but the Big Ten has shirked any attempt to play anyone of consequence in the non-con schedule.

Um, Standford beat Northwestern. If you're going to include losses, might as well include the SEC's two losses to Clemson. Sorry that the SEC actually tries to schedule decent teams and can't help it if blue bloods fall off a cliff.
Yeah like Samford and Citadel's TWICE a year. GTFO of here

OSU destroyed Cincinnati, they're rated (oopty fucking oop)

This year, no, but schedules are made several years in advance and the SEC is trying to get decent games, not lining up shit like Cincinnati or Fresno State as their best games.
Are you really gonna use a 10-2 Cincy team for that argument?

The Big Ten's OOC face the same issue, considering Stanford, ASU, USF, and TCU were all very good when the schedules were made. The Big Ten also has one extra conference game, limiting matchups.

So, at the worst, the SEC has the ND and Oregon wins, (the latter of which plays in a super weak conference this season), and the Big Ten has a much more dominant ND win, by one of their 2nd tier teams instead of a CFP contender. I'd call that a push.

Yeah like Samford and Citadel's TWICE a year. GTFO of here

Do you honestly think the caliber of OOC teams the Big Ten played compared with the caliber of teams the SEC played? Hell, South Carolina alone had a harder OOC schedule than the entirety of the Big Ten.

Do you honestly think the caliber of OOC teams the Big Ten played compared with the caliber of teams the SEC played? Hell, South Carolina alone had a harder OOC schedule than the entirety of the Big Ten.
An FCS team, a 6-6 UNC team, and a good mid-major team, which you just chastised OSU for doing.

Get the F out of here with that garbage circular SEC logic.

The Big Ten's OOC face the same issue, considering Stanford, ASU, USF, and TCU were all very good when the schedules were made.

Oh yeah, when I am thinking about schedules 8 years out, I totally expect those teams to be powerhouses. What was the B1G's record against those powerhouse teams? 1-3? At least they beat the Non P5 team of the group. Signature win for the conference!

One is an in state rivalry game (Clemson. They should remove that from the schedule like we should ISU right?), the rest they lost other than Charleston Southern (WOW)

An FCS team, a 6-6 UNC team, and a good mid-major team, which you just chastised OSU for doing.

Get the F out of here with that garbage circular SEC logic.

Never heard of Clemson? App State wasn't the marquis game on SC's schedule.

Oh yeah, when I am thinking about schedules 8 years out, I totally expect those teams to be powerhouses. What was the B1G's record against those powerhouse teams? 1-3? At least they beat the Non P5 team of the group. Signature win for the conference!

You're not very bright are you. How many helmets are you getting this year for Christmas?