The Big 10

Alabama's really good. The BIG looks like a middle of the pack BCS conference. Which is what they've been for a while now.

The talent, coaching, money, and lack of academic standards all lie in the southeastern US. Unless the B10 wants to sell its soul to get good recruits this trend will continue

Middle of the pack BCS conference makes them the third or fourth best in the country. Which I agree with. Third or fourth best in football, second on hoops, and #1 academically.

Until the B1G stops getting tattoo and child abuse crap, the B1G will be a middle of the BCS conference.

At best 4th best conference behind SEC, Big12, Pac12.

Probably but all those conferences have had ranked teams struggle against not so good teams. Fact is, this isn't the 70's, 80's or even 90's any more. Small schools are putting up fights against good, big school teams more than they ever have. It's tough to learn anything after the first game of the season.

Well, except for the fact that Alabama might win the title again.

Until the B1G stops getting tattoo and child abuse crap, the B1G will be a middle of the BCS conference.

Because the SEC isn't seen as abunch of cheats and have baggage of their own.... I don't think the tattoo and child abuse has anything to do with our lack of production. We aren't getting the recruits they are... ask USC.

Because the SEC isn't seen as abunch of cheats and have baggage of their own.... I don't think the tattoo and child abuse has anything to do with our lack of production. We aren't getting the recruits they are... ask USC.

USC? The #1 team in the country even though they are just coming off major sanctions?

I have an idea...let's all root for the clowns!
Who is with me?!?

In fairness, outside of MAYBE USC, there aren't any teams in the country (save other SEC schools such as LSU or Georgia) that could hang with Bama at their place tonight.

Until another conference proves it, there is a fairly big drop off between the SEC and other conferences.

This Michigan team could possibly dominate the B10 this year. That's what is scary. The B10 is way down.

Who cares about being better academically? That's like a losers excuse for not being good at football. Football is the reason we're here, right? I care about my education, not the football players entertaining me. If you want to watch the physics bowl, be my guest. As long as you're here for football, who cares about being better academically. Didn't realize that was the goal when it comes to football.

And yes, I realize higher academic standards makes it harder to recruit but it's not like we're talking ivy league. Florida might have the highest admission standards outside of Vanderbilt in the SEC and they won a couple of championships. Stanford has been finishing with 1 and 2 losses. Duke and North Carolina manage to field some of the best basketball teams in the country. It's not like all the uneducated kids just file into Alabama and LSU. If that were the case, Clarrette, Pryor and Oden wouldn't have all gone to Ohio State. Wasn't it Oden who took like rock and roll history or something? As if that's so much better.

This is as bad as ive ever seen the B1G to start the season, collectively, in my lifetime. PSU loses to a middle of the road MAC team. Iowa eeks out a last minute win against a middle of the road MAC team. Wisky needs a 4th down stop to turn back an FCS team, at home, in a game tthey were favored to win by 5 tds. MSU barely beats a team that returns the fewest starters in FBS at home. Mich getting schooled by 4 tds and its not even halftime yet.

Are we even better than the ACC at this point?

Latest posts