The best passing QB tonight

looked like a workman like effort from Nate Stanley. Some positive moments, nothing real bad.

Bit of a concern tho. Iowa has (for a change) a solid receiving corps, man for man better than Miami of Ohio yet a freshman out performs the most senior QB in the B1G.

You Win! Dumbest Post of the Week Award! Congrats!

With a couple exceptions Gabbert’s throws had zip, timing and were on the money. He made good reads. He’s only a freshman but comes from a family of QBs. Imagine how effective he would be behind Iowa’s o-line and current crop of receivers.

That said, I’m not sure Iowa’s HC or his son would have the courage or the inclination to have him throw long balls downfield.

Gabbert will be special as a junior or senior.

That is a pretty safe prediction since neither you nor anyone else here will follow up. Nice move Capt. Obvious.

He throws the fade in the end zone well, but other than that his accuracy is bad. More often than not the receiver has to slow down/adjust his route to catch the ball. A qb at this level that is supposedly going to get drafted should be able to put the ball on target so the receiver can catch in stride and run. 7 completions he had were at or behind the line of scrimmage. That defense is nothing like he will see in conference play. Until he proves he can throw beyond 10 yards with accuracy, teams will put everyone in the box and stuff our run. The loss of Fant and Hock was huge.

As usual, I am here to remind you: Saying something does not make it so.

Dare to criticize Nate the Great, get the royal HuckFinn stalker treatment.

I see.

Pound sand.

It isn't that you criticize Nate, I mean just do it when he deserves it. For some reason you are piling shit on him, like he was awful and Gabbert was awesome (which simply isn't the case). For instance lets look at someone thoughts on Nate's game who actually understands the game of football. I mean I'm sure you will tell you you know more than Hawkeye Gamefilm, but um, you don't.

I can give you a list of characters on this website who do just that.
At least Nebby fans do that in the affirmative.

We have people that do that in the negative about every player or coach every game, win or lose — even in good wins.

They are Delusional Nebby fans in the inverse for the Hawks.

Do other fan bases have these?

With a couple exceptions Gabbert’s throws had zip, timing and were on the money. He made good reads. He’s only a freshman but comes from a family of QBs. Imagine how effective he would be behind Iowa’s o-line and current crop of receivers.

That said, I’m not sure Iowa’s HC or his son would have the courage or the inclination to have him throw long balls downfield.

Gabbert will be special as a junior or senior.
and you would be the first of a handful asking/complaining/whining how in the hell KF thinks he’s going to win championships recruiting MAC-level talent and

then bash anyone who doesn’t join in with you for accepting mediocrity and “defending” KF for recruiting against MAC teams instead of blue-bloods.

Can I get an “Amen”

Dare to criticize Nate the Great, get the royal HuckFinn stalker treatment.

I see.

Pound sand.
If your criticisms were on point, they'd hold weight. But you are just repeating a talking point that you know, but had no basis in reality last Saturday.

Nate played well. Better than most QBs in the B1G. Save your whining for when it is actually warranted and you will get more traction with it.

He throws the fade in the end zone well, but other than that his accuracy is bad. More often than not the receiver has to slow down/adjust his route to catch the ball. A qb at this level that is supposedly going to get drafted should be able to put the ball on target so the receiver can catch in stride and run. 7 completions he had were at or behind the line of scrimmage. That defense is nothing like he will see in conference play. Until he proves he can throw beyond 10 yards with accuracy, teams will put everyone in the box and stuff our run. The loss of Fant and Hock was huge.

You know that was need to adjust too. There was a beautiful deep ball to Smith where it dropped over his shoulder and he didn't even stick out his arms.

Edit - hit reply on the wrong post, and apparently it didn't delete my initial reaction to all the negativity towards Stanley.

We have a history of making mediocre QBs look good not just last year. If you don’t know that then you haven’t been watching Iowa for very long.

Iowa has more INTs than anyone else in college football over the last four years or something. Memories are short here.

To their credit Kirk & Son said prior to the game that they wanted to establish the run game, which is Iowa football. They did this. This will limit how "good" any Kirk QB will look on the stat sheet.

Also, Miami had a pretty sound game plan on the offensive side of the ball. Iowa's defense was on their heels with the short count passes and the balance between running and passing. Their ability to move the ball also takes snaps out of Stanley's hands and limits his ability to appear to be "great" on the stat sheet. Plus, the Miami QB looked like he belonged and was experienced in decision making beyond his years.

It was a quintessential Iowa Kirk win and it was against a team Iowa should beat. Nothing surprised me in the least.

is not wearing Black and Gold, sorry to say.

Young Mr. Gabbert looks to be the real deal.

Stanley QB rating: 173
Gabbert: 137

Stanley is going to be harder to defend this year if he continues to use his feet, which he did very well in the Miss. St. and Miami of Ohio games.

Latest posts