The BAER block

SayHawkKid

With 12:08 left in the game, the Trap went up high and blocked a Hoosier shot. He then ran down the loose ball before it went out of bounds, only to hear the whistle signaling a foul. Baer couldn't believe it and neither could Fran. Although I don't listen to the TV announcers during the game, I couldn't resist going back on the TiVo to hear the Dakich reaction. Here it is: " Baer doesn't like it, Fran doesn't like it but I guarantee you Baer got the wrist." And then when the replay clearly showed Baer getting all ball "ooo Fran, I apologize". Funny stuff

There was a few occasions where you couldn’t even hear the whistle. Another one was the lob to Langford at the beginning of the half for Garza’s third foul. A blatant moving screen by Morgan set that up.

The refs blow the whistle way to quick now. They almost anticipate calls. If I were calling the game, I'd have a personal rule that It must be pretty obvious. I wouldn't call something if it was close but not obvious.

It seems the refs now have the whistle in their mouths so they think they have to call something. They think they have to be a part of the game.

The perfect situation is refs not becoming part of the game but just in the background to call the obvious crap. The inconsistency just bugs the crap out of me.

Refs were horrible to only one side. Garza was whistled on touch fouls, meanwhile Connor gets bitch slapped on the head with no call. I can handle bad refs if they're consistant on both sides. That wasn't the case in this game.

I did notice one difference with the refs on Thursday. When people flopped on defense they didn't call as many fouls on the offense. Later in the game players quit trying to influence the refs.

Baer would be right behind AC in the all time blocks list if he could have all the ones back that got stolen from him with terrible foul calls. He gets jobbed about once per game with anticipation whistles.
I'll give the refs some slack on this call it was a tough one to make, it was all the easy calls or missed calls that have them ranked in my book as one of the worst crews I've seen in the last 3 to 5 years, It was like they didn't care what anyone thought or someone had their loved ones at gunpoint.

The worst is when one of the IN players drove w his head down into a double team, bowled over I think Baer, then kicked to a guy in the corner for a 3. It was a terrible obvious offensive foul that happened right in front of the baseline ref.

To win a game like that on the road with so much not going your way is impressive.

Latest posts