The B1G really is slower

He's Wisconsin's fastest WR maybe. Wouldn't even be in the top 3 fastest on Oregon or most of the Top SEC teams. He's not that fast. He's fast on a slow WR offense. Toon's slow too. He's half white though.

CerealSpitting.png

No I mean Percy Harvin fast. NFL fast. Not being able to run fast straight, but being able to do that and make several cuts or starts and stops.

Andy Brodell had one nice break away run in his career. He's not that fast. Where's he playing now?
Oh...now I understand. U mean world class speed like soooo many teams have in college.

Yeah, dominant teams tend get the best recruits....surprised u didn't already know that.

U mean like Andy Brodell fast. "see bowl game vs. Tx for reference"

LOL at referencing one play from a bowl game that took place 5 years ago. Yes, Brodell was probably a fast WR but Texas likely had 6+ WR's that are just as fast.

Overall, white guys are a little slower on average. I don't think there is much arguing about that one. With that said, you can still be very good and not be the fastest team, IMO. Look at Stanford for instance. But they have a great QB.

LOL at referencing one play from a bowl game that took place 5 years ago. Yes, Brodell was probably a fast WR but Texas likely had 6+ WR's that are just as fast.

Overall, white guys are a little slower on average. I don't think there is much arguing about that one. With that said, you can still be very good and not be the fastest team, IMO. Look at Stanford for instance. But they have a great QB.

Look up " tounge in cheek " let me know what u find..... Lol at u thinking it was a serious argument.

This thread makes me laugh and I find it intriguing.

What about cornerback? That's the position that requires the most speed and quickness of all positions. Find me a white corner in the NFL or a standout white cornerback in college. Not safety, but corner. Find one.

Not I think. That IS the reason. Almost no Caucasians on top SEC defenses and almost no Caucasians on top SEC WR Corps.

Well, I guess that solves it. We need to go get more black guys.

Seriously, do you have any idea how much you sound like a racist right now?

What about cornerback? That's the position that requires the most speed and quickness of all positions. Find me a white corner in the NFL or a standout white cornerback in college. Not safety, but corner. Find one.

And how many white corners start in the Big Ten? Guess THAT'S not the problem.

Just STFU and leave.

Dude...u win...give it a rest.

It's just so funny that u made a thread that everyone has known for about 25 years.

To be scientific, African-Americans genetically speaking tend to have more fast twitch muscles in their legs. However, that is not to say a white person can't have a high amount of fast twitch muscles as well.

I think there can be more to the argument than speed though (although natural speed and knowing how to use it is the biggest part of it). I think the SEC does better than the Big Ten in bowl games because they are often at a geographical advantage in where the games are played. The Top Bowl Games are typically played in warm weather environments. The warm environments are what SEC teams are use to playing in. The Big Ten not as much compared to the SEC.

I think if the SEC played their bowl games in colder weather environments, we would probably see a few more losses on their side.

Another thing is that the SEC (and PAC 10) have larger recruiting areas to recruits from (Texas, Florida, California, etc). A lot of their recruits can run year around in warm weather.

In the Midwest, you have to find a treadmill or indoor track in the winter weather. So, there are other differences besides genetics.

I think there can be more to the argument than speed though (although natural speed and knowing how to use it is the biggest part of it). I think the SEC does better than the Big Ten in bowl games because they are often at a geographical advantage in where the games are played. The Top Bowl Games are typically played in warm weather environments. The warm environments are what SEC teams are use to playing in. The Big Ten not as much compared to the SEC.

This is garbage. A team like Iowa will play 2/3 of their games in temperatures above 60.

The bolded is accurate. But it has more to do with the best players wanting to play in a warm climate than an advantage in bowl games.

This why I wish KOK would be replaced more than his struggles. Iowa could be one of the first to change the mold and go for speed and fast pace. Being the last team to switch is no good.

Here is the long and short of it:

When the B10 wins it's shocking to the media and the team "ground it out" and "won in the trenches" and when they lose it's because of "lack of speed". Rinse and repeat.

Jason Sehorn and Adam Shada.

Latest posts