The B1G really is slower

tweeterhawk

At least this year. Speed kills, in the words of the great Lee Corso. This bowl season the conference is getting killed by speedier, more nimble opponents. :(

I notice one huge difference at WR and the defenses on B1G teams vs the rest of the top teams in the SEC, Big 12, and PAC 12. It's not as much speed for one and then it's something else. Can you guess what the other thing is?

The big 10 has been slower than the sec and pac 10 since the mid 60s.

No surprise here. Big 10 champs usually have a few fast guys but not a whole squad of them.

The big 10 has been slower than the sec and pac 10 since the mid 60s.

No surprise here. Big 10 champs usually have a few fast guys but not a whole squad of them.

Why though? What's the glaring difference? Look at an SEC defense and WR corp... don't they look a little bit different than your typical B1G defense and WR corp. There's one thing that really sticks out.

Why though? What's the glaring difference? Look at an SEC defense and WR corp... don't they look a little bit different than your typical B1G defense and WR corp. There's one thing that really sticks out.

Instead of being a tool, why don't you just come out and say you think it's because they've got more black people than a typical Big Ten team?

They are well spoken and articulate, as well as excellent dancers?

Instead of being a tool, why don't you just come out and say you think it's because they've got more black people than a typical Big Ten team?

I'll say it: B1G teams have slower, heavier non-minority players who grew up in northern climates where everyone stays inside six months out of the year. :eek:

I notice one huge difference at WR and the defenses on B1G teams vs the rest of the top teams in the SEC, Big 12, and PAC 12. It's not as much speed for one and then it's something else. Can you guess what the other thing is?

They have better QB throwing to them?

Not I think. That IS the reason. Almost no Caucasians on top SEC defenses and almost no Caucasians on top SEC WR Corps.

ok. well I guess that is a recruiting thing. I thought abbredaris for wisky was plenty fast with great moves. Isnt he white? or can I ask that question.

ok. well I guess that is a recruiting thing. I thought abbredaris for wisky was plenty fast with great moves. Isnt he white? or can I ask that question.

He's got some quicks but not fast enough. Not that fast at all really. White fast. I'll give him that. White fast is different than black fast though. Abbredaris is a nice possession WR. Wouldn't see much playing time at Oregon or many SEC schools.

Last edited:
I personally believe that the biggest difference has been QB play in the past few years. Some of the B1G's top teams have had some QB's that are sort of challenged in the passing game.

Wiscy and Mich State probably had the two best QB's (both are good, but not great) and they seemed to be able to put up plenty of points.

Penn State, tOSU, Nebraska all have horrible passing games and you have to be two dimensional when you face a good opponent in a bowl.

He's got some quicks but not fast enough. Not that fast at all really. White fast. I'll give him that. White fast is different than black fast though. Abbredaris is a nice possession WR. Wouldn't see much playing time at Oregon or many SEC schools.
Don't think ur doing on purpose and trying simply to make a point, but u sound discriminatory. "white fast". Dude, Abbederus is fast no matter what color.

U mean like Andy Brodell fast. "see bowl game vs. Tx for reference"

Don't think ur doing on purpose and trying simply to make a point, but u sound discriminatory. "white fast". Dude, Abbederus is fast no matter what color.

He's Wisconsin's fastest WR maybe. Wouldn't even be in the top 3 fastest on Oregon or most of the Top SEC teams. He's not that fast. He's fast on a slow WR offense. Toon's slow too. He's half white though.

U mean like Andy Brodell fast. "see bowl game vs. Tx for reference"

No I mean Percy Harvin fast. NFL fast. Not being able to run fast straight, but being able to do that and make several cuts or starts and stops.

Andy Brodell had one nice break away run in his career. He's not that fast. Where's he playing now?

Latest posts