The B10 looses more talent this year than any ear in my lifetime

DuffMan

Iowa has the potential for a HUGE improvement next year, when I say huge I mean bigger than the improvement this year, we are talking 22-23 wins. Part of that is due to the incomming freshman class. A bigger part is due to the talent leaving the B10 this year.

OSU
Sullinger -- Gone
Buford -- Gone

PSU
Fraizer -- Gone

Purdue
Robbie Hummel -- Gone

Minn
Mbakwe -- Probably gone

MSU
Draymond Greene -- Gone

NW
Shurna -- Gone

Wisky
Taylor -- Gone

Ill
Leonard -- Gone

Ind
Zeller -- Gone

That's some serious firepower on it's way out the door.

The top of the B10 looks as strong as ever with MSU likely going no where, and Indiana and Michigan looking like programs on the rise, but outside of that top 3 there are some huge question marks in the league next year. Both Illannoy and the Goophers look like a mess. NW looks to backslide next year (Sorry OK4P) after loosing arguably the best basketball player in the history of the B10. Both Purdue and Wisky have some big question marks going forward and PSU and Nebby are in no danger of leaving the basement.

I can see Iowa placing as high as 3rd or 4th in the B10 next year and am certain they are going to battle to an upper division finish.

Last edited:
Iowa has the potential for a HUGE improvement next year, when I say huge I mean bigger than the improvement this year, we are talking 22-23 wins. Part of that is due to the incomming freshman class. A bigger part is due to the talent leaving the B10 this year.

OSU
Sullinger -- Gone
Buford -- Gone

PSU
Jordan Taylor -- Gone

Purdue
Robbie Hummel -- Gone

Minn
Mbakwe -- Probably gone

MSU
Draymond Greene -- Gone

NW
Shurna -- Gone

Wisky
Taylor -- Gone

Ill
Leonard -- Gone

Ind
Zeller -- Gone

That's some serious firepower on it's way out the door.

The top of the B10 looks as strong as ever with MSU likely going no where, and Indiana and Michigan looking like programs on the rise, but outside of that top 3 there are some huge question marks in the league next year. Both Illannoy and the Goophers look like a mess. NW looks to backslide next year (Sorry OK4P) after loosing arguably the best basketball player in the history of the B10. Both Purdue and Wisky have some big question marks going forward and PSU and Nebby are in no danger of leaving the basement.

I can see Iowa placing as high as 3rd or 4th in the B10 next year and am certain they are going to battle to an upper division finish.

LOL...the first 20+ win prediction. You realize we lose our best player too, right? Schedule will be tougher too.

Zeller will be gone, and we are in a much better position to replace Gatens than almost every single other team I mentioned. In fact I don't think it's a stretch to say overall our back court will be much stronger overall next year than it was this year.

Zeller, Sullinger, and Leonard are all likely 1st round NBA picks. Dreymond Greene was such a diverse player. NW PSU and Purdue have nobody close to the abilities of Shurna, Fraizer and Hummel respectively

Well I will be shocked if we win 20+. Gatens was huge for us this year. Our OCC SOS was a joke and in conference we drew the easiest schedule possible drawing MSU, OSU, and Michigan only once. I predict a slightly better team next year with a similar record.

Well I will be shocked if we win 20+. Gatens was huge for us this year. Our OCC SOS was a joke and in conference we drew the easiest schedule possible drawing MSU, OSU, and Michigan only once. I predict a slightly better team next year with a similar record.

Our OOC SOS is going to be the same next year, and provided we actually play well that would be an extra 2-3 wins right there.

Well without Zeller Indiana will take a couple of steps backwards. MSU will simply reload and so will Ohio State, Michigan is going to be good for a while. While I hate Bo Ryan he will have his team competitive. There is a chance Iowa could jump Purdue though along with Indiana.

Does Mbakwe get another season?

Our OOC SOS is going to be the same next year, and provided we actually play well that would be an extra 2-3 wins right there.

It might not be, I know that Cancun tournament if kinda weak but still better than playing 250+ RPI opponents. It all depends on the other teams Iowa schedules. Iowa will still get Iowa State and a ACC opponent in the OOC as well.

Well without Zeller Indiana will take a couple of steps backwards. MSU will simply reload and so will Ohio State, Michigan is going to be good for a while. While I hate Bo Ryan he will have his team competitive. There is a chance Iowa could jump Purdue though along with Indiana.

Does Mbakwe get another season?

Not sure, he definitely fits the less than 25% and serious injury guidelines. I'm not sure he wants it though. He might feel he's proven enough and at age 23 he wants to start making money. FWIW ESPN's "official" roster doesn't have his class listed as anything, as in it's blank.

OOC is going to be the key decider. If we can get 12 wins out of conference, we'll be set up pretty well to make the tourney.

Are you saying Shurna is your pick for best in the Big Ten ever? Or did I read that wrong?
No way, not even best player this year.

Even better than that 7'1" West German redhead that played for Indiana.in the 80s? He was all-world!

Ya, 20+ wins is going to be tuff next year. It all depends on the out of conference schedule. But the conference does get alot weaker.

I don't think Zeller is really going Pro. Even if he does they've got talent already and are bringing in a hell of a recruiting class.

Purdue is actually losing its best 3 players. There going to be at the bottom of the league for a while.