The B10 looses more talent this year than any ear in my lifetime

I agree with Duff that if Zeller and Leonard want to turn pro, they are going to be first round picks. Not sure that Frazier goes, perhaps I have missed something while on vacation related to him. He's about the same size as Talor Battle was and he is overseas. Has there been talk of him turning pro?

I think Iowa's schedule in league is the same next year as this year, with regards to the single games...at Michigan and Ohio State, home against Illinois and Michigan State...the rest are home and home.

Iowa will have ISU in Carver, and will likely play UNI and Drake in Wells Fargo in DSM, which means a pro-Iowa crowd. Four games in the Cancun event, the first two on campus in Iowa City which should be two wins, Iowa has a decent chance to win that event...one game in the ACC-Big Ten challenge against a middle of the pack ACC team.

Next year I think we see this:

Top Tier
OSU
MSU
Michigan
Indiana

2nd Tier
Iowa
Purdue
Wisconsin
Illinois
Minnesota

Bottom Tier
Northwestern
Penn State
Nebraska

Wisconsin generally plays above their level so they will likely contend for the top tier. Iowa is a year away from the top tier. Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois may struggle to not sink to the lower tier.

I agree with Duff that if Zeller and Leonard want to turn pro, they are going to be first round picks. Not sure that Frazier goes, perhaps I have missed something while on vacation related to him. He's about the same size as Talor Battle was and he is overseas. Has there been talk of him turning pro?I think Iowa's schedule in league is the same next year as this year, with regards to the single games...at Michigan and Ohio State, home against Illinois and Michigan State...the rest are home and home. Iowa will have ISU in Carver, and will likely play UNI and Drake in Wells Fargo in DSM, which means a pro-Iowa crowd. Four games in the Cancun event, the first two on campus in Iowa City which should be two wins, Iowa has a decent chance to win that event...one game in the ACC-Big Ten challenge against a middle of the pack ACC team.

Yeah, Fraizer ain't leaving early, There isn't much of an NBA market for six foot score first point guards who can't shoot the three. He shouldn't be on the list, I must have been thinking he was a senior when I wrote that.

Impossible to predict if Zeller goes, I think he stays but if he does go he will be a 1st rounder. Guy is a stud

Washington, Indiana where the Zeller's live is about 40 miles from where I live. Roy Williams, Tom Cream, and Steve Alford have all been seen outside Mr. and Mrs. Zellers bedroom window wondering when they are gonna reproduce another 7 foot son.

Cody reminds me a lot of Tyler Hansborrough. I don't know what Hansborrough is now but I too see Cody at least getting a hard look at 1st round if he declares. How he does once he get there is another story.

I think Cody will stay and here is why. Luke, Tyler, and Cody all won Indiana High School Championships. I believe Cody won two. Luke did not win a national Championship at Notre Dame, but Tyler has won one at UNC as a true freshman. I agree that Cody is the best of the 3 Zellers and will want to "one up" his brothers, and he will stay until he wins NC with Indiana. I feel he can be dominate enough to carry the Hoosiers ala Danny Manning.

Zeller is not going anywhere this year. IU is going to be loaded next year.
Frazier will return.
Leonard will go pro.
Sully might return.

I think the league lost more talent last year,with two 1st Team All Americans in JuJuan Johnson and Etwaun Moore, along with Lucas,Summers,Allen and Luscious of MSU, Lighty,Lauderdale,and Diebler of OSU, Talor Battle and 3 other senior starters at PSU who did make the Dance, Mbakwe,Nolen,Hoffarber, Iverson,and Joseph of Minny,Tisdale,McCamey,Davis at Ill.,Leuer(starting for the Bucks) and Nankavil at Wisky, Juice Thompson at NW, and Cole of Iowa.

Lost more guys last year,probably. The league is going to be stronger next year with 4 top 20 recruiting classes coming in with IU at #2, Michigan bringing in a top 3 big man,and Glenn Robinson jr.,PU having a top15 class, and Iowa being strong also.

Early picks for me:

MSU- still good,with McDonalds AA Gary Harris to replace Wood/Thorton at shooting guard,to go with Trice,Appling,Nix,Dawson,Kearny and Payne. Best frontcourt in the league.

Michigan- better next year,with #3 overall recruit in 6'11'' mcGary coming in with Big Dog jr.(#45). Burke,Hardaway,Morgan,Smotryx,Horford,ect...yikes.

OSU- If sully leaves,they still are third. If he returns,they are #1. Matta will just plug in more top 50 guys sitting on the bench,like Amir Johnson at center. Everyone else returns.

IU- great class joining a young team....look out.

Wisky- Top 25 forward,Dekker,joins redshirt pg,Marshall, to plug any holes. Still good.

Dropoff could come here,but those top 5 are set in stone.

Iowa,Ill,Purdue,Minny and NW will compete for the coveted 6th and 7th slots.

PSU and Neb are bottom tier.

NW is not going anywhere,trust me. They return 5 of the top 6 scorers,and all of them shoot around 40% from the arc. They have some guys coming in also.

Minny looked good yesterday...with the Hollins boys,ekimeake,Williams, and the 7fter,among others returning.

PU looked dangerous last nite also...Byrd,Johnson bros,Carroll, and a good incoming class will keep them hanging around.

Ill has talent,and with a new coach could be energized.

This league is going to be brutally tough again next year,gang. Iowa needs to vy for the 6th or 7th spot and hope for a good SOS getting them in.
Cancun tourny will feature Western Ky(just made the Dance) and WSU,(will make the Dance,and DePaul(mainly frosh and sophs this year,with top 50 pg joining them). We just have to hope we can win it,and avoid Western Ky...lets play DePaul and then winner of WSU and Western. Western started 3 frosh this year...gonna be good.

Yeah, & in two years Iowa has to play Michigan, Michigan State & O$U twice. With the Hawk's luck they probably will play the bottom four only once.

Zeller is not going anywhere this year. IU is going to be loaded next year.
Frazier will return.
Leonard will go pro.
Sully might return.

I think the league lost more talent last year,with two 1st Team All Americans in JuJuan Johnson and Etwaun Moore, along with Lucas,Summers,Allen and Luscious of MSU, Lighty,Lauderdale,and Diebler of OSU, Talor Battle and 3 other senior starters at PSU who did make the Dance, Mbakwe,Nolen,Hoffarber, Iverson,and Joseph of Minny,Tisdale,McCamey,Davis at Ill.,Leuer(starting for the Bucks) and Nankavil at Wisky, Juice Thompson at NW, and Cole of Iowa.

Lost more guys last year,probably. The league is going to be stronger next year with 4 top 20 recruiting classes coming in with IU at #2, Michigan bringing in a top 3 big man,and Glenn Robinson jr.,PU having a top15 class, and Iowa being strong also.

Early picks for me:

MSU- still good,with McDonalds AA Gary Harris to replace Wood/Thorton at shooting guard,to go with Trice,Appling,Nix,Dawson,Kearny and Payne. Best frontcourt in the league.

Michigan- better next year,with #3 overall recruit in 6'11'' mcGary coming in with Big Dog jr.(#45). Burke,Hardaway,Morgan,Smotryx,Horford,ect...yikes.

OSU- If sully leaves,they still are third. If he returns,they are #1. Matta will just plug in more top 50 guys sitting on the bench,like Amir Johnson at center. Everyone else returns.

IU- great class joining a young team....look out.

Wisky- Top 25 forward,Dekker,joins redshirt pg,Marshall, to plug any holes. Still good.

Dropoff could come here,but those top 5 are set in stone.

Iowa,Ill,Purdue,Minny and NW will compete for the coveted 6th and 7th slots.

PSU and Neb are bottom tier.

NW is not going anywhere,trust me. They return 5 of the top 6 scorers,and all of them shoot around 40% from the arc. They have some guys coming in also.

Minny looked good yesterday...with the Hollins boys,ekimeake,Williams, and the 7fter,among others returning.

PU looked dangerous last nite also...Byrd,Johnson bros,Carroll, and a good incoming class will keep them hanging around.

Ill has talent,and with a new coach could be energized.

This league is going to be brutally tough again next year,gang. Iowa needs to vy for the 6th or 7th spot and hope for a good SOS getting them in.
Cancun tourny will feature Western Ky(just made the Dance) and WSU,(will make the Dance,and DePaul(mainly frosh and sophs this year,with top 50 pg joining them). We just have to hope we can win it,and avoid Western Ky...lets play DePaul and then winner of WSU and Western. Western started 3 frosh this year...gonna be good.

Agree with most of this. Illinois will take a step back though with the coaching change and their best players leaving. Purdue will too. Not sure that Wisconsin will be any better without taylor. The top tier will be Michigan, Mich St, tOSU, Indiana.

It will surprise me if Zeller leaves and I am not convinced Sullinger leaves either. If Matta ever learns that he has more than seven players, OSU will win a NC if Sullinger is back. OSU has no recruits at this time. Michigan will be a NC contender next season with their recruiting class. McGary provides much needed post height and GR3 give them the superior athletic wing that can guard anyone...think Michael Kidd-Gilchrist with him. MSU will still be good, but how much do they lose with Green leaving, the whole effect?
Purdue loses too much not to drop, no matter how good their recruiting class is at this point. Wisconsin will drop without Taylor, they will just grab and hold more to compete. Indiana will be very tough, Crean will have to mesh the talent though as just about everyone returns, minus Jones. The other bottom dwellers will stay there and NW stays about where they are.

Iowa finishes 5th with 22 wins and an NCAA berth. If they play WSU in the final of the Cancun tourney and win, it will help a ton. Iowa returns their best players, minus Gatens, but I really think Oglesby will do a better than average job replacing him. The recruits will come in and provide Iowa with options that they haven't had in probably a decade, namely as close to a full roster as they can get without signing another player in the Spring.

The BIG lost more talent last year overall and there will be losses this year, but more key guys to teams rather than loss of overall talent. The thing that will determine who wins or where they finish will be how many experienced players are back. I like Iowa's chances to move up, I don't see a top 3 finish, but top 5 is somewhere Iowa hasn't been well, forever, or seemingly forever.

Latest posts