The 2nd bomb to Tevaun

skinnykilmer17

was even a better throw than the TD. Was Tevaun trying to one hand it? Never saw him get his right hand up.

Strange reaction to the ball. Maybe he lost in it the lights or the MSU player had his arm hooked?

Such A slugfest. There were so many plays that game could have turned on and that was one of them. The pass was there.

CJ threw some beautiful long balls. Excited to see more vertical throws next year. Hopefully a young receiver or two will emerge.

I have to say at least one thing here: Fox did not show enough replays.

I do not remember a replay of this play. And there wasnt a close up look that I remember. I agree the pass was there but so was the double team but I couldnt see much detail.

I do not remember a replay of this play. And there wasnt a close up look that I remember. I agree the pass was there but so was the double team but I couldnt see much detail.

There wasn't a replay, and I really wanted one. Smith didn't act like there was interference, but he did look like he thought he should have caught it.

It would have been a difficult catch.

But I'm still grumbling about the intentional PI. It would have been back to back TD's.

Agree on the lack of replays. Especially this one.

We watched it a few times with the DVR. And I still can't tell what happened because we only got one camera angle. A shot from the endzone cam would have been better.

I just thought someone would have seen something I missed. Just a strange reaction/attempt at the ball by Tevaun.

Beautiful pass and CJ knew he nailed it judging by his reaction while on the turf

Smith had split the coverage, had a halfstep, AND the two dbacks weren't playing the ball. It was very catchable.

The college PI rules are terrible. In the NFL that's a 40-50 yard gain.

It was a double move and MVB got held coming out of said move didn't he? I would have to see it again but I don't know how much more we would've gotten in the NFL than in college. If the PI happened at the end of the route I would agree with you. Really intelligent penalty by the MSU corner on that play.

Isn't a defensive holding call in the NFL a 5 yard penalty?

Actually I think they called holding on MSU dback and only a 10 yard penalty.

It wasnt an intelligent play but a smart desparation play as he knew he had no safety help. the intelligent play would be to recognize the stop and go move and not get beat.

Vandeberg is a very capable receiver with decent speed and to be able to beat a top flight dback on a strong MSU team shows he will be targeted alot next year again.

was even a better throw than the TD. Was Tevaun trying to one hand it? Never saw him get his right hand up.

Strange reaction to the ball. Maybe he lost in it the lights or the MSU player had his arm hooked?

Such A slugfest. There were so many plays that game could have turned on and that was one of them. The pass was there.

CJ threw some beautiful long balls. Excited to see more vertical throws next year. Hopefully a young receiver or two will emerge.

I was at the game and saw a few replays at different angles. I think he lost it in the lights. That appears to be what he was discussing with teammates as he went to the bench.

I was at the game and saw a few replays at different angles. I think he lost it in the lights. That appears to be what he was discussing with teammates as he went to the bench.

I need to see the replay, but that is what it appears to me. His hands were in a odd position to catch the football. Seeing the football go between them.........frustrating.

Thanks for the insight. This seems very plausible. It was right on target and the defenders weren't really a factor it seemed.

They showed multiple replays at the game and when he went to the bench he clearly said he lost it in the lights. Just unfortunate

It was unfortunate b/c he had both those guys beat (again), damn good game, exciting (except for the putz in front of us (MSU homer), the guy who never sat down, and yacked the whole f**kin time...overall, great experience

Perfect pass by CJ as well. We were by some MSU fans and all were good except one guy in front of us. Always has to be one in the crowd. But incredible experience overall.

From our seats behind the play. Kittle was wide open down the right hash 20 yards out. He would have run inside the MSU 20. I didn't see a replay on it bc I was telling my brother next to me about how wide open the TE was. Not complaining, just sharing.

Man, can you imagine if we would have connected on a 2nd straight bomb?

Outrageous. I don't recall ever seeing that. On any level.

No slight to Drew Tate and Warren Holloway, but given the stage Saturday night and what was at stake, this would have moved to the top of THAT list.

I just don't think Sparty would have recovered from that. Cook could NOT have orchestrated THAT comeback. He was hurting and we were in his head.

The most brilliant play call of GD's checkered career here. No one was expecting it. Again. And it was there.

It looked to me like Smith pulled up limping a little on this play. Very well thrown ball by CJ, however I believe MVB was wide open on the deep out as Smith was in bracket coverage on the post. Would have to see replay again to be sure.

I thought from the replay on the Jumbotron at the game that the defender got his hand in T Smiths view of the ball. Certainly could have been the lights. Definitely looked like he didn't see it.

Latest posts