the #1 reason we lost

In the third quarter we rushed 8 times for 69 yards and a TD. In the fourth quarter the only person to run the ball was Jake: 2 sacks (losing a total of 20 yards) and 2 rushes for 11 yards. That's a net of -9 yards on the ground in the fourth quarter. That means out our 116 yards of rushing, we had over half in the third quarter. Again, why did we abandon the running game?

Because the defense isn't good?

i think we are all confused on what he's getting at.

Turnovers. Special teams. Offensive and defensive poor play. As much as it bothers people, KF was correct, Iowa didn't play well enough to win.

Having said this I was encourage the D was better at sealing the outside in the 2nd half. Also although I agree about abandoning the running game, we were behind and this forced us to throw. There was one third down play that was baffling though. Can't win on that one. Everyone expecting run, and if it would have worked we'd be thrilled.

To go back to another comment on another thread about o line play. A poster mentioned something about body language on the sidelines. I saw that also. BF just went off on the o line on the bench. They were stoic. Between the lack of helping Jake up when he gets creamed, and the reaction of players on the sidelines I wonder what's going on.

Latest posts