That's the #4 team??

HawksMN

Hawks have any guts down the stretch, we win that one going away.
me thinks ISU pretty far overrated at this point.

Iowa is a much better team than the clowns, they just got lucky. The first half was more representative of the 2 team's talent levels.

I think it's combination of both Iowa is better than we thought and ISU is not a top 10 team. I still think Iowa will make the tourney as they have played everyone tough, including ranked teams on neutral/road floors and they have notched a couple solid wins. Couple that with the fact that nobody in the B10 seems to be unbeatable right now (including MSU), I could see the Hawks finishing in the top 5 of the conference. They have a nice combination of youth and experience that will hopefully gel later in the season.

ISU on the other hand will run out of luck eventually. I do think they are a top 25 team but not top 10. We'll see what Burton brings them but they seem to lack the focus necessary to be an elite team. The B12 is a tough conference and they will learn fairly quickly that they can't just show up and expect to win. They are capable of beating just about anyone on a good night (although so are the Hawks) but I don't think they can sustain it.

We took them man for man, on their home court for the majority of the game. Uthoff took their fatty c cup all American to school, from the outside, mid range, and to the whole. He dunked with his off hand right over nadar. They didn't win that game, we lost it. Not impressed. And remember clowns, what goes around comes around.

You guys are rediculous. Uthoff shot out his ***. Iowa played their best ball, at least until the end. Iowa state played at about 50% of their abilities until the end. Was really impressed how good iowa is though.........now how about that football schedule

You guys are rediculous. Uthoff shot out his ***. Iowa played their best ball, at least until the end. Iowa state played at about 50% of their abilities until the end. Was really impressed how good iowa is though.........now how about that football schedule
Hmmmmm......... Football schedule. Well we made it to the Rose Bowl and are ranked #5 in the country. Let's see where the clowns end up after the ncaa tourney. This should be fun! Lol

Move on clown. You won, now gtfo. Go celebrate your dream team on your board. Poor character is coming over here to beat your chest.

Iowa is a much better team than the clowns, they just got lucky. The first half was more representative of the 2 team's talent levels.
Riiigghht. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Sucks to know that Iowa played their best basketball in Fran's tenure for 38 minutes and it STILL wasn't enough to get the W.

Move on clown. You won, now gtfo. Go celebrate your dream team on your board. Poor character is coming over here to beat your chest.

I was just messing. I apologize. I actually was incredibly impressed by iowa. Uthoff can ball. If iowa shoots like that consistently they might be the 2nd best team in the b10. Going for iowa from here out. More than anything this game should go along ways in helping prepare for conference play for both teams

Hawks have any guts down the stretch, we win that one going away.
me thinks ISU pretty far overrated at this point.
If you havn't noticed a handfull of top 5 teams have lost this year, not a lot of stability in the top 5 so when we win its always good. Kentucky lost, kansas lost, duke lost, north Carolina lost, and Maryland...theres no dominant team this year like last year.

If ISU's the #4 team in the country, they win the game last night. No, wait. If they're the #4 team in the country, they prove it by overcoming a 20 point deficit. Shoot, that's not right either. If they're #4 team, they can hold Iowa's top scorer to 2 points in the second half. Damnit, this is hard!

ISU has a better team, I personally don't think that is debatable. We had the better team last night tho. About 10 things all had to break ISU's way at the end (Mostly involving Iowa chocking) and they all happened.

ISU this year has the same problem they had last year. They will struggle with teams that can slow it down and rebound. While I think the #4 ranking is justified, this isn't a team that will be going deep in the NCAA IMO.

I was just messing. I apologize. I actually was incredibly impressed by iowa. Uthoff can ball. If iowa shoots like that consistently they might be the 2nd best team in the b10. Going for iowa from here out. More than anything this game should go along ways in helping prepare for conference play for both teams

Agreed.

I could see Uthoff being another Gordon Hayward in the NBA. Chris Williams said it best on twitter. JU's half was the best half that anyone has ever played on that court (that includes Ejim vs TCU). I half-expected it when Niang called him out Monday, but not to that degree. Iowa is a good team and I actually hope that the Hawks make the tournament.

I think it's combination of both Iowa is better than we thought and ISU is not a top 10 team. I still think Iowa will make the tourney as they have played everyone tough, including ranked teams on neutral/road floors and they have notched a couple solid wins. Couple that with the fact that nobody in the B10 seems to be unbeatable right now (including MSU), I could see the Hawks finishing in the top 5 of the conference. They have a nice combination of youth and experience that will hopefully gel later in the season.

ISU on the other hand will run out of luck eventually. I do think they are a top 25 team but not top 10. We'll see what Burton brings them but they seem to lack the focus necessary to be an elite team. The B12 is a tough conference and they will learn fairly quickly that they can't just show up and expect to win. They are capable of beating just about anyone on a good night (although so are the Hawks) but I don't think they can sustain it.

Iowa and Iowa State are both Top 25 teams IMO. And both rely heavily on 3 point shooting. I have a hunch Iowa will come back more than once this year thanks to our perimeter shooting. I think Jok scored 14 points in approximately 3 minutes.

Latest posts