That's it, no big ten tournament

What a bizarre scene. I am watching Jay bilas on ESPN at an empty arena, with bands playing, music filling the arena, no fans and the back drop of 2 power 5 conferences cancelling their tournaments. Stuff you would see in a movie.

These viruses vector out from one infected person pretty fast. "hey you want some of my popcorn, here hold the box", "here want a sip of coke", Look what happened in New Rochelle, NY as a whole bunch of people got infected.

Now, medical officials who can talk about this without being gagged have said millions of americans will get it but with low numbers of hospital beds you dont want 50,000 people congregating.

I know officials were not letting in fans but with two NBA players now testing positive and players sharing sweat etc it is a good decision since the players disperse after the games back to different locations.

Last edited:
NCAA Tournament will be next. Guaranteed!!

Not sure why they don't just do it already. Cancel the big one and its a no brainer to cancel the rest. Not sure what they're waiting for. Or are they going to make that decision 15 minutes before the opening tips as well.

At this point from what we know from what we are told, and that information is fairly vague, all of this is either a gross over reaction or there is a whole lot that we do not know. What I take from this is how fragile our structure and system is, that we have a flu virus, that is transmitted the same way as previous flu viruses, with what we know having a similar death rate and the effects similar, can crash our economy and shut down our lives. It certainly sends a message to all the countries that dont like us that its pretty easy to do.

Nothing is guaranteed. Guess we will never know what Iowa would have done this post-season. Now we "just wait until next season" like usual but as this season has shown, don't count on what you expected to happen to happen. It was a fun season that amounted to nothing really. Here's to next season for something good happening to Iowa.

Good for them. Playing in an empty stadium is just as safe as the players leaving and going about their normal lives.

Nothing is guaranteed. Guess we will never know what Iowa would have done this post-season. Now we "just wait until next season" like usual but as this season has shown, don't count on what you expected to happen to happen. It was a fun season that amounted to nothing really. Here's to next season for something good happening to Iowa.

Amounted to nothing? I'm claiming a Big Ten Tourney Championship and maybe even a NC. Undefeated in post season play.

At this point from what we know from what we are told, and that information is fairly vague, all of this is either a gross over reaction or there is a whole lot that we do not know. What I take from this is how fragile our structure and system is, that we have a flu virus, that is transmitted the same way as previous flu viruses, with what we know having a similar death rate and the effects similar, can crash our economy and shut down our lives. It certainly sends a message to all the countries that dont like us that its pretty easy to do.

Sounds like a lot of other countries are in full panic mode too tho.

Well, it is looking like Fran will not make the NCAA tournament this year after all. ;) (BTW a joke) Figure the big one will be canceled next.

I bet the players are pissed about this.

Latest posts