That game may define our season

Pitt is not a bad team. Very strong, very salty, hit hard.Good QB and a great receiver we could not shut down.

I agree completely. Havn't seen a game like this in a long time. Felt like a conference game too.

I thought that long drive during the 2nd quarter was a coming of age drive.

Love the adjustment the offense made in the last three quarters spreading the field out and taking what they gave them.

This game will pay dividends. It is why you play two BCS teams non-con. In years that we have won both, we have been damned salty when conference play started. See, e.g., 2003, 2009 and hopefully this year. Forget about 2006 because Tate was hurt.

Pitt is not a bad team. Very strong, very salty, hit hard.Good QB and a great receiver we could not shut down.

They would be scary with Connor.

This was a good Pitt team and the QB was good. Even though we didn't get much pressure, the guy was putting it on the numbers.

Boyd is maybe the best WR we will face this year. He is the real deal. We have good corners and he was wide open a lot (scheme maybe some of that but he runs smooth perfect routes and catches the ball so easy)

Run defense was excellent again. Would like to see a little more/better blitzing.

I'll say it again...T. Smith should be targeted 10+ times a game.

Iowa has to figure out 3rd/4th and long on D
Not much to figure out, brah. Either we have a stud d-lineman who forces the issue or we have a ballhawk upper class LB who makes an opportunistic play to halt a drive with a TO. I fear we ain't got that right now, so we may drop a heartbreaker, but a couple guys might step up and Ott will hopefully recover and be the d-lineman we need.

Not much to figure out, brah. Either we have a stud d-lineman who forces the issue or we have a ballhawk upper class LB who makes an opportunistic play to halt a drive with a TO. I fear we ain't got that right now, so we may drop a heartbreaker, but a couple guys might step up and Ott will hopefully recover and be the d-lineman we need.

Ott was definitely not quite himself. Meier surprised me. Dude played very well.

We played w/heart and a lot of soul, and didn't fold like a cheap suit towards the end....CJ was great to get us in the position we needed to win the game....

They would be scary with Connor.

This was a good Pitt team and the QB was good. Even though we didn't get much pressure, the guy was putting it on the numbers.

Boyd is maybe the best WR we will face this year. He is the real deal. We have good corners and he was wide open a lot (scheme maybe some of that but he runs smooth perfect routes and catches the ball so easy)

Run defense was excellent again. Would like to see a little more/better blitzing.

I'll say it again...T. Smith should be targeted 10+ times a game.

No maybe's about it, Boyd is one of (if not the best) WR in the country. Won't see anyone close to him rest of the year unless we end up playing OSU in the B1G title game. It was a tough football game, Pitt has physical, good athletes on defense who are well coached. That Iowa was able to get 27 points speaks to Beathard's ability. Davis got us in some good plays, but you need a good QB to make things happen against that D.

And I agree on Smith. Beathard missed him once there in third quarter on what would have been a 50-yard TD. But I like how the Iowa offense goes to whoever is open. Ball was spread around, 6 different guys caught at least 2 passes. Iowa targeted Smith more tonight, which is good. Keep doing more of it please.

Time to get healthy vs. North Texas and take 4-0 to Madison. Going to be a fun ride this year, it appears, as long as Beathard is healthy.

We had a solid team (we'll see how good) who played with a lot of energy come into our house and punch us in the mouth plenty of times. We hit them back and beat them. This game wasn't close because we played down to an opponent. It was close because Pitt played that well and we won. I'm trying to think of the last time we played a decent team who really pushed us and we won anyways. This game is going to be remembered by me for awhile just because it was a damn good game with a great ending.

We had a solid team (we'll see how good) who played with a lot of energy come into our house and punch us in the mouth plenty of times. We hit them back and beat them. This game wasn't close because we played down to an opponent. It was close because Pitt played that well and we won. I'm trying to think of the last time we played a decent team who really pushed us and we won anyways. This game is going to be remembered by me for awhile just because it was a damn good game with a great ending.
Mizzou in the bowl game?

Iowa has to figure out 3rd/4th and long on D

What worked Vs ISU isn't going to work against others, especially since they have film on it now. What Iowa is doing is rushing 3, using Jerwell and Nieman as Spy's at the line of scrimmage and defending with 6 on the back side. Pitt obviously had hat scouted as they hit 10-15 yard passes all night where our Lb should have been. We will need to mix it up going forward and drop Jewell and Neiman at times, so our opponents don't always know what we are going to do.

Well said.

This game will pay dividends. It is why you play two BCS teams non-con. In years that we have won both, we have been damned salty when conference play started. See, e.g., 2003, 2009 and hopefully this year. Forget about 2006 because Tate was hurt.

Agreed, plus it gets us ready for the physical play in the B1G play. I actually don't think we will play a more physical team this year, and gets us ready for games Vs jNW, Minny,, Wisky, and Nebby.

Agreed, plus it gets us ready for the physical play in the B1G play. I actually don't think we will play a more physical team this year, and gets us ready for games Vs jNW, Minny,, Wisky, and Nebby.
I've watched every NU game and Pitt is markedly better than the cats. I also suspect they are better than Nebraska and Minnesota. I don't know what to think about Wisconsin. Stave may have actually learned to throw the ball. The division is there for the taking, though.

Latest posts