Thanks Captain Kirk

As said since sometime in mid 2000s …
GREATman, VERY average football coach.
Name 1 team since 2004 2005 that he actually had play above its talent
Anyone remember Sam Brownlee?

The 2024 MSU game will become a reference point that marked the point where Iowa football began a rapid decline. Iowa was out-coached and out-talented at many positions. Last night was a reminder of what Hayden's last years were. It goes back even further than that. It was also a reminder of what happened after Evasheski retired. Here is how.

After 1960 college football dropped limited substitution football and a new era of college football began. It is important to remember this because college football has entered a new era this year and changed in a number of important ways. The biggest outlier of the season is Indiana football and how the coach went about putting together a team to immediately improve. Colorado is another example but not as successful. MSU sure looks like it is on its way. The point is that talent evaluation, talent acquisition, and wide open offense are requirements for success. Kirk Ferentz is not equipped to evolve in this new era.

Well let's not over-react. Before the MSU game, I felt Iowa was the 5th best team in the conference. Now I feel they are about 8th.

Lets face it, Iowa's defense is not as good as previous years. And we all know Iowa's offense can not carry the team when the defense struggles.

And that Mich St team might turn out to be pretty good. They have a new coach and young QB, so they probably still have some growing pains, but by next year, they might be one of elite teams in the Big Ten.

So, yes you may have a point. The new coaches at MSU and Indiana are doing pretty well. One thing that helps is new coaches bring a lot of kids from the portal with them. Both their own players from their old team, and other players from other teams.

Ok, you are right. Kirk has to go.

I have respect for him... but miss him? Even if we went 2-10 for next 3 seasons don't think id feel that way.
This is a really weird take. IA football would be dead with 3 straight 2 win seasons. I do think the game has passed Kirk by, but saying you would prefer 2 wins to Kirkball is flat out crazy!

The 2024 MSU game will become a reference point that marked the point where Iowa football began a rapid decline. Iowa was out-coached and out-talented at many positions. Last night was a reminder of what Hayden's last years were. It goes back even further than that. It was also a reminder of what happened after Evasheski retired. Here is how.

After 1960 college football dropped limited substitution football and a new era of college football began. It is important to remember this because college football has entered a new era this year and changed in a number of important ways. The biggest outlier of the season is Indiana football and how the coach went about putting together a team to immediately improve. Colorado is another example but not as successful. MSU sure looks like it is on its way. The point is that talent evaluation, talent acquisition, and wide open offense are requirements for success. Kirk Ferentz is not equipped to evolve in this new era.

Kirk has re-invented himself 3 times and if I were a betting man I would say there will be KF 4.0. Kirk isn't proactive and the frustrating thing is that he will waste seasons before he decides to evolve and change.

Cade was a miss. Can’t blame them for going after him. But it was a miss. One thing that is certain Lester knows what he’s doing and what he wants,,,, my question how long will it take

Hiring Lester was just a waste of money. Kirk isn’t going to let anyone do anything but the same old bull crap that we get every year. Problem has never been the OCs. Kirk’s legacy will be erased as each week passes. Kirk let Lester free for a quarter against Wash and it was fun to watch. Now we’re right back to the same ol same ol running into a brick wall over and over again. Sullivan will be lucky to get a sniff at starting and it’s too late anyways so this seasons been over since ISU game.

Cade was a miss. Can’t blame them for going after him. But it was a miss. One thing that is certain Lester knows what he’s doing and what he wants,,,, my question how long will it take
Cade was a big miss. Kirk is too stubborn to admit it I guess. He’s totally. Immobile and has a weak arm. My big surprise last night was the defense. Really poor tackling, angles and coverage. We couldn’t get them off the field and any cb other than Harris has been a liability all year. Offense wasn’t good but our d got smoked last night

Doesn’t help things from an Iowa perspective but they’d be a long ways from playoff talk if they were in the Big Ten. B12 is a joke
I thought about this when they were talking about Rocctober after 4 years of Brocktober. All they're saying is that their conference sucks and have had their annual late season collapse.

The conference teams they've beaten are 3-4, 3-4, 3-4, and 2-5. We're the best team they've beaten. Think about that for a minute.

This defense was pretty good the last couple of years in large measure because teams Iowa played had poor offense. Against MSU the young guys missed a lot of tackle.

Imagine if MSU got TDs instead of FGs.. but they didn’t. Good news they showed resilience, bad news they lacked depth of experience