Thanks Captain Kirk

Just accept the fact that the Hawkeyes will always be an 8 or 9 win team with the occasional 10+ win seasons or 6 to 7 win seasons. We rely on coaching up 3 star guys into potential NFL players and have had tremendous success in doing that, but it's hard to do that year in and year out. This team has not been able to overcome a bad defensive backfield and another terrible QB. Replace those positions with quality players, this team has one loss and are vying for the playoffs. It's a thin line for the Hawks and unfortunately we're on the wrong side of it this season.

The defense may have gotten tired of carrying the team. I hope that is not the case but there has to be some resentment.

The defense may have gotten tired of carrying the team. I hope that is not the case but there has to be some resentment.
I doubt that's the case. Mote than anything, they are competing for Phil Parker's approval. Their #1 motivation to get more playing time and/or not get benched and not get yelled at. On Phil Parker's defense you either perform or you sit.

I mean, does Jon Nestor really have any memory of Iowa's defense carrying the offense?

Latest posts