Thank you Stoops

Very true for his sooners and texas.

Ohio State shows that the elite team in the B1G chokes on the big stage or just doesnt have the total 44 top players two deep they need to compete with the top SEC teams or other top teams.

I think the B1G is tied for third as far as power conferences go

#1 SEC
#2 ACC
#3 tie between B1G, Big 12, and Pac 12

Ohio State shows that the elite team in the B1G chokes on the big stage or just doesnt have the total 44 top players two deep they need to compete with the top SEC teams or other top teams.

#1 SEC
#2 ACC

Maybe I'm off base...but top to bottom the PAC 12 seemed like the best overall. SEC very top heavy but their top was very good, ACC was solid but also top heavy. B1G is overall down which pains me to say.

All that said, the "best" conferences are always Top Heavy...don't forget the Big 2 and little 8 we had for decades.....

The only measure we really have is IOC games and bowls, and unfortunately the B1G has been poor in these games overall.

Its not the the SEC isn't good, even great, its that espin over does it...which is what Stoops said...he ain't wrong.

#1 SEC
#2 ACC

Wow..really? I'd have to go

1--SEC
2--Pac 12
3--BIG 12
4--B1G and ACC pretty close

The PAC 12 is way ahead of the big 10. Take off the Rose colored glasses we have no winning bowl performance in a decade, no championships, a bad rosé bowl run, and a very poor national reputation from the media.

Side note- in the cotton bowl Sec Vs big 12. The big 12 has one victory and that one victorious team is now in the SEC.

Yea there's no way the B1G was on par with the PAC 12 this season. SEC and PAC 12 were head and shoulders above everyone else.

Yea there's no way the B1G was on par with the PAC 12 this season. SEC and PAC 12 were head and shoulders above everyone else.

I guess I am going somewhat on Wisky getting jobbed and should have won at Arizona St, Mich St really took it to Stanford, Oregon looked weaker at the end of the season, the buckeyes beat Oregon a few years ago in the Rose. Ohio St won out at Cal this year.

I think Ohio St and Mich St are on par with Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA if not better.

I think Wisky and Iowa this year and Nebby can play with Arizona St, Wash, Wast St. at the middle level of the standings.

USC was two different teams this year.

I dont think the PAC 12 was head and shoulders above the B1G, maybe a little better and deeper.

The main thing here is I think they need to make oversigning illegal/against the rules.

Let's put it this way a team like Bama or Florida should have to declare around January 10th which scholarships they are renewing for their players. Then those teams can declare how many schollies they have available on signing day. If they declare they have 22 schollies open then they can sign that many players.

This trend isn't going to change in the near future is it?

The B1G is a conference of northern schools. To win consistently in the north teams have to be able to run the ball in November: that means arcade offenses aren't doable. The threat of a decent passing game is important, of course. But downhill rushing is still the premium.

So in January when the B1G moves to the south for bowl games, the run-oriented offense looks "old-and-slow" compared to the offenses the SEC, PAC12, and southern BigXII schools can implement. Speed becomes even more necessary in these offenses. Northern schools then look even more out-manned.

I'm not making excuses, just wondering how much climate plays into the differences in regional styles and speed deprivation in the north.

This trend isn't going to change in the near future is it?

The B1G is a conference of northern schools. To win consistently in the north teams have to be able to run the ball in November: that means arcade offenses aren't doable. The threat of a decent passing game is important, of course. But downhill rushing is still the premium.

So in January when the B1G moves to the south for bowl games, the run-oriented offense looks "old-and-slow" compared to the offenses the SEC, PAC12, and southern BigXII schools can implement. Speed becomes even more necessary in these offenses. Northern schools then look even more out-manned.

I'm not making excuses, just wondering how much climate plays into the differences in regional styles and speed deprivation in the north.

Alabama, LSU, Stanford and Auburn are all run oriented.

What is really kind of funny about these comments is that his brother is the head coach at one of the bad teams in the SEC to which he is referring. I realize it was his first year and he wasn't thoe one that made them bad. But it is kind of funny, nonetheless.

Stanford kicked the crap out of arguably the second best team in the PAC 12 - Arizona St. Twice.

Michigan St beats Stanford in the Rose Bowl.

In their bowl game, ASU gets abused by Texas Tech who went 4-5 in the Big 12.

Latest posts