Thank You Seniors

All your hard works almost pull that truck to finish line. Good job, guys!
th

I still remember Gatens 12 straight made 3's over 2 games. 20 years from now I'll still remember Uthoff's first half against ISU and Woody's tip in against Temple. I'll also still remember caring more about basketball games during the months of our top 10 rankings than I ever have before. Those were some fun times.

I remember all the great moments under Mr. Davis. The 30 point comeback at Kansas, the Michigan and Michigan St. games after Chris Street's death, Kevin Gamble's game winning jumper against Oklahoma to even get to the UNLV game.

I do not like quoting Taylor Swift, but haters gonna hate. Unless FM puts together a pretty good run this Senior group will have its detractors despite all the great memories you have, it is your perspective.

Great guys, but never could get over the hump. They were athletically just a little behind top competition. I'm excited to see what the next group has for us. We might have a rebuilding year, but I think next year jok, Wagner, Williams and baer might produce more than we think. I like the future without Clemmons Woodbury and gessell.

I remember all the great moments under Mr. Davis. The 30 point comeback at Kansas, the Michigan and Michigan St. games after Chris Street's death, Kevin Gamble's game winning jumper against Oklahoma to even get to the UNLV game.

I do not like quoting Taylor Swift, but haters gonna hate. Unless FM puts together a pretty good run this Senior group will have its detractors despite all the great memories you have, it is your perspective.

I'll remember them as a group that raised their ceiling higher than it should have ever been, then never quite getting to it. If they could have just finished some games and finished out a couple seasons, they would have been as great as Marble and BJ's teams. They were THAT close to being THAT great and they had no business being anywhere near that level. That's both really impressive of them and really unfortunate for them.

You are leaving Iowa a much better place than before you got here.

- Four straight 20 win seasons
- Combined 89-49 record
- 42-30 conference
- 3 straight NCAA appearances
- runner up NIT
- Most wins of any graduating class since 1990
- Achieved highest ranking (#3) since 1987/88 season

I am disappointed in how Iowa finished, no question, but I'm proud of this class of seniors. None of this would have been possible without them.

Thank you Gesell, Woodbury, Clemmons, and Uthoff!

overall good careers. You always want more wins, etc. the 4 kids represented Iowa well and greatly improved our play on the court.

I'll remember them as a group that raised their ceiling higher than it should have ever been, then never quite getting to it. If they could have just finished some games and finished out a couple seasons, they would have been as great as Marble and BJ's teams. They were THAT close to being THAT great and they had no business being anywhere near that level. That's both really impressive of them and really unfortunate for them.

Comparing this team to the Marble, Horton, Armstrong, Lohaus, team????? Please don't!!!!! That team set a record for the number of players drafted by the NBA in one year. I don't know if that record still stands but it did for a long time. If UNLV hadn't have gotten red hot and if Tom Davis had taken a few more time outs to slow UNLV down we likely would have been talking about a national championship. I realize you did say IF THEY COULD HAVE JUST FINISHED SOME GAMES........... but if ifs and buts were candy and nuts what a wonderful place hawkeye land would be.

I can not fault the effort of this senior class and will recognize that and thank them for their efforts.

Considering the poor condition of the program when these guys came in they did improve the overall level of the program. HOWEVER it's time for FRAN to improve his recruiting and get this program to the next level. Do I think he can do it? To be honest I have serious doubts.

White magic was a guard and so he should show his greatest coaching ability from that particular position and yet it appears to be his weakest position when it comes to recruiting. Hopefully Moss can change that but what little I have heard about how he looks in practice I am not encouraged to believe he will be that guy but then again Ronnie Lester did not come into his own until his sophomore year and that is common for guards to blossom in their sophomore years....... So I will be patient and wait and see how it goes.

Of the seniors I think Anthony Clemmons might be the most under appreciated. As both a second ball handler and a great defender. In yesterday's game it was obvious. When he went out with his second foul early in the first half it was a 1 point game. Nova put on their run when he was out. Then when he came back in the second half the game got back in the game Iowa's turnovers were reduced and the defence improved. Iowa actually out scored Nova 45-40 outside of their first half run with Clemmons on the bench.

Of the seniors I think Anthony Clemmons might be the most under appreciated. As both a second ball handler and a great defender. In yesterday's game it was obvious. When he went out with his second foul early in the first half it was a 1 point game. Nova put on their run when he was out. Then when he came back in the second half the game got back in the game Iowa's turnovers were reduced and the defence improved. Iowa actually out scored Nova 45-40 outside of their first half run with Clemmons on the bench.

I believe that he was also a bigger threat offensively but that is just my opinion.

Comparing this team to the Marble, Horton, Armstrong, Lohaus, team????? Please don't!!!!! That team set a record for the number of players drafted by the NBA in one year. I don't know if that record still stands but it did for a long time. If UNLV hadn't have gotten red hot and if Tom Davis had taken a few more time outs to slow UNLV down we likely would have been talking about a national championship. I realize you did say IF THEY COULD HAVE JUST FINISHED SOME GAMES........... but if ifs and buts were candy and nuts what a wonderful place hawkeye land would be.

I can not fault the effort of this senior class and will recognize that and thank them for their efforts.

Considering the poor condition of the program when these guys came in they did improve the overall level of the program. HOWEVER it's time for FRAN to improve his recruiting and get this program to the next level. Do I think he can do it? To be honest I have serious doubts.

White magic was a guard and so he should show his greatest coaching ability from that particular position and yet it appears to be his weakest position when it comes to recruiting. Hopefully Moss can change that but what little I have heard about how he looks in practice I am not encouraged to believe he will be that guy but then again Ronnie Lester did not come into his own until his sophomore year and that is common for guards to blossom in their sophomore years....... So I will be patient and wait and see how it goes.

You can discuss ifs on a message board. IF this class was average at finishing games, they would have to be compared to that team because of their number of wins. That would have been a crazy accomplishment considering both teams talent levels.

The nice thing about this class and others before is they have graduated (or will graduate), and that's something you can't take away from them, ever...Hard work, and bustin' a$$ all these years, I can't believe it's over, but better things are in store for you. We, as fans, have harped on the would've's and could've's, but we weren't out there gettin' the crap kicked out of us in practice and in the B1G for the past 4 years. You've made us proud in a renewed kind of way. You have made it possible for other kids to want to come and be part of this program. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

If you told me that these guys would have pulled this team out of the cellar of B1G conference 4 years ago . I would have told you no way.. I'm glad These guys proved me wrong.

Clemmons was my favorite of the bunch. He was the least heralded coming in and really burst onto the scene as a freshman with that great game against ISU, then struggled mightily down the stretch and as a sophomore, and instead of calling it quits and transferring, he put in the work and performed really well as an upperclassman. Very underrated contributor the last two years.

This TEAM gave us what we believe and treasure! An Iowa team, which is capable of competing & defeating any team before it! THANK YOU SENIORS!!!!!!!!! RETURNING contributors, as well. You guys are capable. Please bring back that Iowa Hawkeye MOJO !!

Good riddance, seniors.

Typical one sentence troll response. Notice none of the responses are more than few words long & are negative. With the avatar & your responses you come off as a buffoon. At least have a picture of Ricky as your avatar!