Thank You Seniors

ssckelley

You are leaving Iowa a much better place than before you got here.

- Four straight 20 win seasons
- Combined 89-49 record
- 42-30 conference
- 3 straight NCAA appearances
- runner up NIT
- Most wins of any graduating class since 1990
- Achieved highest ranking (#3) since 1987/88 season

I am disappointed in how Iowa finished, no question, but I'm proud of this class of seniors. None of this would have been possible without them.

Thank you Gesell, Woodbury, Clemmons, and Uthoff!

You are leaving Iowa a much better place than before you got here.

- Four straight 20 win seasons
- Combined 89-49 record
- 42-30 conference
- 3 straight NCAA appearances
- runner up NIT
- Most wins of any graduating class since 1990
- Achieved highest ranking (#3) since 1987/88 season

I am disappointed in how Iowa finished, no question, but I'm proud of this class of seniors. None of this would have been possible without them.

Thank you Gesell, Woodbury, Clemmons, and Uthoff!

Agreed, tough way to finish but this class gave us a lot of Great games. Solid Hawkeyes all around.

They should always be recognized as the group that helped get Iowa out of the hole dug by Alford and Lick

Agreed! Frustrating end but way better off than four years ago. Gotta get more athletic in next couple of years. Let the next set of young guys have had it! Going to be rough at start but Hawk fans gotta step up and support them!

Go Hawks!!

They should always be recognized as the group that helped get Iowa out of the hole dug by Alford and Lick

Hopefully, if the program continues to make progress this how we will see this group. If this is the peak of FM era; then fair or unfair, they will be remembered for the epic collapses and their legacy will be debated among the fan base on how good or bad it actually was.

They did a great job in turning this program around. 3 strait NCAA tournament appearances for the first time since 91-93 is very commendable.

Hopefully, if the program continues to make progress this how we will see this group. If this is the peak of FM era; then fair or unfair, they will be remembered for the epic collapses and their legacy will be debated among the fan base on how good or bad it actually was.

And they should be. As many coaches have said, paraphrasing here, 'You are what you're record says you are'. And in each of the last 4 seasons this group of players have not done what needed to be done to move past the, "Getting out of the Alford/Lick hole" to something far greater.

No it won't, go look at the history of Iowa Basketball you could say many of the graduating classes had collapses. Heck one of the greatest teams in Iowa history blew a huge lead against UNLV in 86/87. After Marble, Horton, and Armstrong graduated Iowa had been ranked in 18 seasons and only finished ranked in 5 of them.

No it won't, go look at the history of Iowa Basketball you could say many of the graduating classes had collapses. Heck one of the greatest teams in Iowa history blew a huge lead against UNLV in 86/87. After Marble, Horton, and Armstrong graduated Iowa had been ranked in 18 seasons and only finished ranked in 5 of them.

If this is as good as it gets under FM.....I will guarantee that there will be a debate among this fan base on the legacy of this Senior group. I didn't write the rules, bruh.

As disappointing of a finish this was to their careers, the Iowa fan base should appreciate what these kids did for the program.

I for one am a critic of Woody and his lack of talent but let's be honest, he and Mike G along with Fran made Iowa relevant in terms of hoops again.

Thank you for being a Hawkeye!

Thank you, seniors. For your commitment, class, and getting back the hawkeye basketball glory!!!

Go Hawks!!!

They seem like really good guys. They never caused the school any trouble. They played hard. They made Iowa respectable (and even more at times). They each had limitations in their games; it's not a slam, just an observation, but it's what prevented them from going even further. Definitely deserving of a hearty Thank You.

I still remember Gatens 12 straight made 3's over 2 games. 20 years from now I'll still remember Uthoff's first half against ISU and Woody's tip in against Temple. I'll also still remember caring more about basketball games during the months of our top 10 rankings than I ever have before. Those were some fun times.

....and don't forget Bowlsby, who started that entire mess when he handed al-fraud the shovel...........

They weren't the most talented...Woody and that dang ten foot rim, Sapp and those stupid free shots, Mikey and those darn lay ups, those were their Achilles heels, all in all its been worse

Thanks for starting this thread ssckelley. Getting Gesell and Woody to commit to the program was the beginning of the turnaround. Once they hit campus this team has been a winning program. Hopefully this is just the beginning of a good/great 6-7 year run for IOWA. Thanks to Mike, Woody, Clemmons and Uthoff for geyting the program back on the right track!!

Seniors ,This is what the Hawkeyes looked like when you came here.....
th

Latest posts