Thank God for Kirk Ferentz

Say what you will about the 8-9 win seasons. There isn't one game on our schedule where you would say, we got our asses handed to us physically and the team was ill prepared. Certainly, we have had the occasional bowl fiasco, but his teams don't get outclassed and they play with heart and determination every game.

When you are down 17 in 11 straight road contests...well. Not one change to the coaching staff of the basketball program.
This is not a make or break season for Fran. The outcome in the Big Ten won't matter.

Lol. Kirk and Gary make damn sure they don’t ever play anyone that could beat them so that is why. And we’ve known for yrs how they’ve made out like thieves on the b10 west and crossover fiasco.

Well no one can live up to Matt Campbell and Steve Prohm. The standards are just so high in Ames they demand excellence......I'm so jealous.

Well no one can live up to Matt Campbell and Steve Prohm. The standards are just so high in Ames they demand excellence......I'm so jealous.

Who's comparing the two programs?
But while we are, they've been 2 3 sweet 16s in the last ten years, I would be happy with 1

West was 3-1 in bowl games, East was 1-3 (With a blowout to a “lesser team”)

To be fair, Iowa had by far the best win bowl win for teams in the West. Minnesota and Wisconsin had light work to say the least. Georgia Tech and Miami are pretty weak teams from a pretty weak conference.

Michigan and Penn St both lost to good SEC teams with winning conference records. Florida (by 6 points) and Kentucky (by 21) both beat the best team the West had to deal with in bowl season.

Who's comparing the two programs?
But while we are, they've been 2 3 sweet 16s in the last ten years, I would be happy with 1

He's a clone fan just like you are . Don't have to do some lame troll job be upfront with it.

To be fair, Iowa had by far the best win bowl win for teams in the West. Minnesota and Wisconsin had light work to say the least. Georgia Tech and Miami are pretty weak teams from a pretty weak conference.

Michigan and Penn St both lost to good SEC teams with winning conference records. Florida (by 6 points) and Kentucky (by 21) both beat the best team the West had to deal with in bowl season.

I'd rank Iowa's bowl win 2nd to Ohio State winning the Rose Bowl but mostly because it was a more prestigious bowl. I'm not sure Washington is better than Mississippi State, they were higher ranked but the Pac 12 was down this year.

Northwestern's bowl win was pretty impressive as well. Many national pundits were bullish on Utah all season.

I'll tell you where Northwestern really won that game. When they were down 14-0 in the second quarter and had a fourth and manageable in the red zone, Fitzy took the sure points. He got his team off the schneid. John Maddon has often said the first score is the tougest to get, and the longer it takes, the tougher it is. Northwestern slowly gained confidence after getting three on the board, then unleashed the hounds when they smelled blood in the water in the second half.

The boys could still bounce back and win a few in a row. The next game is very very important. We can’t afford to lose the next home game as it would start to demoralize our players and we saw last season what that leads to.

Latest posts