Texas vs Iowa in the Insight Bowl

I love the hawks, don't get me wrong. And I know we have performed very well in bowl games, but judging by this season and them not getting up for the Mich. St. And NEB games, I don't see them performing well in the bowl game. The coaches have just made horrible decisions this year in play calling and not playing strengths. But if we play like we did against Mich. And Pitt. Then we will win. But I just see KF being way to conservative and playing scared. I really hope I'm wrong though.

If the Hawks draw Baylor in a bowl then they're done. That offense is WAY too talented. Texas would be a much better match up

Here is the order of selection for the Big12 conference followed by the most likely picks in order:

BCS - Oklahoma or OK State
Cotton - Oklahoma or OK State
Alamo - Kansas State
Insight Bowl - Baylor, Missouri, Texas
Holiday Bowl - Missouri, Texas, Baylor
Meineke Car Care Bowl - Texas, Missouri.......................Texas A&M
New Era Pin Stripe - Iowa State, Texas A&M
Ticket City - Texas A&M, Iowa State

Here is the order of selection for the Big12 conference followed by the most likely picks in order:

BCS - Oklahoma or OK State
Cotton - Oklahoma or OK State
Alamo - Kansas State
Insight Bowl - Baylor, Missouri, Texas
Holiday Bowl - Missouri, Texas, Baylor
Meineke Car Care Bowl - Texas, Missouri.......................Texas A&M
New Era Pin Stripe - Iowa State, Texas A&M
Ticket City - Texas A&M, Iowa State

If Texas is there when its the Insight's turn, they will take Texas.

If Texas is there when its the Insight's turn, they will take Texas.

On name alone? I think they would like to have RG III as a showcase player. Baylor would travel pretty well. I know quite a few of the alums from there and they have been waiting for their moment.

On name alone? I think they would like to have RG III as a showcase player. Baylor would travel pretty well. I know quite a few of the alums from there and they have been waiting for their moment.

Iowa vs Texas draws a bigger TV audience and game attendance everyday of the week. Is this even up for discussion?

Remember that Texas' season isn't over yet. They play Baylor to finish. The winner of that game will likely get the selection over the other.

Also, If ISU can pull the upset on Saturday and Baylor beats Texas, don't be surprised if Baylor gets the Alamo bowl and K State ends up in the Insight. I don't think Texas' appeal is that great considering the season they've had. They are going up against a couple of teams that have excited fan bases and RGIII which could be a heisman finalist.

Remember that Texas' season isn't over yet. They play Baylor to finish. The winner of that game will likely get the selection over the other.

Also, If ISU can pull the upset on Saturday and Baylor beats Texas, don't be surprised if Baylor gets the Alamo bowl and K State ends up in the Insight. I don't think Texas' appeal is that great considering the season they've had. They are going up against a couple of teams that have excited fan bases and RGIII which could be a heisman finalist.

Head to head victories mean squat in bowl pecking order.

Look at Minnesota's too. There's your answer.

Look at Michigan's...

Somedays Iowa sucks, somedays they are good. Minnesota lost to Michigan 58-0. Last week they gave up 18 yards in the first half to Illinois. Iowa can beat Baylor, their defense nearly always sucks. Iowa could lose by 40. Last year, if there was a bowl game I was sure about, it was that Baylor would destroy Illinois...Illinois treated them like an old pommel horse.

Doesn't Texas have a pretty good defense? Good D teams seem to give the Hawks this year all kinds of trouble.

Latest posts