"Texas saves Big 12"

I understand ESPN's motives in this but good Lord they just threw their credibility (this presupposes they had any left) out the window.

Texas will now be known as Texa$. the greedy douches that flirted with the pac 10 and big 10 just so they could extort more money and finally get their own TV contract, all the while saying it's "for the good of the conference"...........lying dbags.

Your Subject should have been "Texas Rapes Big XII" judging by the Beebe Press Conference.

It's screwed up. Texas completely F___ked the Big 12 by losing Nebraska and Colorado. How this can be seen in any light, other than complete failure is beyond me.
Sure Texas may make a few more bucks (remember there are NO signed deals yet), but regardless the league as a whole loses. Like MLB failure, there are one or two teams and that's it. There is a reason baseball has been down for decades... Go Yankees. Yay...
At least Texas didn't complete F the Kansas' and Iowa States' of the conference. Just bent them over for a few more years.
Ouch...

It's too bad Texas Tech didn't tell the Big 12 to go **** itself and we really could have had a great meltdown yesterday.

Yea, this is such a joke...Texas was the one who put B12 in jeopardy in the 1st place. The interview with their President on ESPNews was just as bad...he talked about being loyal to the B12 the whole time but only exploring options for possible gain for Texas...B12 is now closer to what the Big East has been the last couple years in FB. A conference with a few good teams, but tough to say they really should be in a Nat'l title game...A 12-0 Texas teams is inferior to even a 11-2 SEC team (team that loses their champ game) or even 11-2 B10 team now. They are going to have to actually schedule legitimate teams in pre-conference play if they want to make any noise in the B(C)S.

It's too bad Texas Tech didn't tell the Big 12 to go **** itself and we really could have had a great meltdown yesterday.

I think Texas makes it nearly impossible for any team in the the state to tell them to go F themselves. Apparently A&M wants to get away from them so bad but can't because the state won't allow it...but if Texas were to move someplace then they all HAVE to go go with them. I just don't get that scenario. It's odd because Texas makes fun of A&M about being bad nowadays and nor representing the state like they should. I think the downfall of A&M is probably all Texas's fault.

I think Texas makes it nearly impossible for any team in the the state to tell them to go F themselves. Apparently A&M wants to get away from them so bad but can't because the state won't allow it...but if Texas were to move someplace then they all HAVE to go go with them. I just don't get that scenario. It's odd because Texas makes fun of A&M about being bad nowadays and nor representing the state like they should. I think the downfall of A&M is probably all Texas's fault.

I disagree a little bit. To me A&M was ready to bolt but didn't want to look like the bad guy (same with Texas) To me this just saved the conference for another year (maybe two) but eventually the Big12 is done.

I also don't think that they Truly realize the impact that losing Nebby is going to do to the conference. It's like the post before me said...they really are only a 2 team conference now. It will be hard to gain respect when you only have 1 tough game a year regardless of who you are.

I disagree a little bit. To me A&M was ready to bolt but didn't want to look like the bad guy (same with Texas) To me this just saved the conference for another year (maybe two) but eventually the Big12 is done.

I agree...I think this whole deal was only to buy time to get an actual plan formed. I do think that A&M wants to leave it's brothers shadows but can't due to state laws. If you honestly believe that Texas can't go wherever they want to go then you are crazy. It's not fair to have all of the teams in the state relegated to go where 1 team goes but if one of the smaller teams decides to leave without that one it won't be considered.

The funny thing is that Texas didn't want to be the ones breaking up the 100year old rivalry with A&M (hell they talk about eachother in their school fight songs) To me Texas to the Pac10 made sense (as did Oklahoma and Oklahoma Light) Guess we'll wait till next year and be back at this mess again (if I'm correct no current Big 12 schools had to sign any sort of contract that they'd stay)