Texas is giving in - a little!

But leave the LHN money alone! LMAO, this is why Texas will never be in the Big Ten and the B12 will always be in an unstable condition.

Terms spelled out by Dodds:

1. What's not on the table is the money from Texas' 20-year, $300 million deal with ESPN to create the Longhorn Network, which has been blamed in large part for Texas A&M's pending departure from the Big 12.
"That's never been in play, that's not in play," Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said.

2.It's about quality, not quantity," Dodds said. "In my mind, 10 is the perfect conference. You have a clear path to the national championship game without stumbling in a (conference) championship game."

If those are hard and fast positions then I don't see Oklahoma or Missouri agreeing. I don't think they will be willing to sign on to any long term commitment and an increase in penalties to leave the conference. I hope ISU refuses to accept Texas terms just because of the dollar signs. They and the other members can establish a nice conference without Texas. They can make it attractive. Maybe without a Texas the conference can be stabilized.

I know this would never happen but it would be funny if they threatened to vote Texas out of the conference.

Seems to me the Texas and Oklahoma schools pretty much control the Big 12 conference.

The other four schools combined do not appear to have as much power as the Texas and Oklahoma schools.

If Texas and Oklahoma wants the Big 12 to survive then it will. If not then it won't.

Last edited:
Seems to me the Texas and Oklahoma schools pretty much control the Big 12 conference.

The other six schools combined do not appear to have as much power as the Texas and Oklahoma schools.

If Texas and Oklahoma wants the Big 12 to survive then it will. If not then it won't.

you think the Big 10 is really that different? it's all about what tOSU, MU, PSU, and now nebraska want.

Isu will cave in to anything that Texas demands. They know they have nowhere to go without Texas.

That couldnt be further from the truth.ISU will be one of the first to
vote against what Texas demands.They have said that they realize they are stuck in the Big 12 -with or without Texas.

If a vote to evict Texas happened i think it would be the greatest thing to happen to the Big 12 and if it passed adding West Virginia, BYU, TCU, and Boise State wouldn't equal Texas revenue but for once the Conference could see stability and even more stellar football.

Which six schools outside of Texas and Oklahoma were you talking about? Good job on your credibility.

The other six schools combined do not appear to have as much power as the Texas and Oklahoma schools.

Which six schools outside of Texas and Oklahoma were you talking about? Good job on your credibility.

Thanks for calling me out. ;) I deserved it; can't count. :(

I meant to say four schools and they are Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State.

I will edit the previous post. Thanks.

you think the Big 10 is really that different? it's all about what tOSU, MU, PSU, and now nebraska want.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Unlike other conferences, the Big Ten shares ticket revenue for conference games. Every year, Michigan, Penn State & O$U lose over $1 million because of the revenue sharing plan. In contrast, Northwestern is subsidized to the tune of about $1.75 million a year. Northwestern receives this money even if the Wildcats don't play in Ann Arbor, State College or Columbus. Indiana receives about $1.2 to $1.5 million in ticket revenue sharing a year.

Let's put the $1.75 million in some perspective. Northwestern receives over $20,000 a year for every one of its 85 available football scholarships.

On the other hand, Iowa State doesn't receive one thin dime for those 80,000 plus tickets sold for conference games in Austin & Norman. In addition, Iowa State was thrilled with the new TV revenue sharing plan announced after the realignment. In the new plan, seventy-six percent of TV revenue is shared equally instead of the previous fifty percent.

Sorry buddy Iowa doesnt mean **** to the Big Ten. tOSU, UM and PSU run your world as well. Jesus Iowa is dense.

You are mistaken, Iowa does mean something to the Big Ten because this conference was set up the right way based on academics and each school having an equal say. Had the B12 been set up in this manner they would not be having all these problems they are having today. Had their commish had any backbone Texas would have been removed way before Colorado and Nebraska left. Instead they catered to them and now Colorado, Nebraska, and Texas A&M are gone with the conference still in disarray. With those schools still in the conference the B12 could have survived even without Texas.

ISU fans trying to tear down Iowa's situation just exposes you as a middle child jealous of big brother. Take care of your own situation and get that damn scoreboard paid off!

why can't there be a requirement for any team to be elgiglbe for bsc bowl to have to be required to participate in revenue sharing. would it lead to a new college association or would nd and Texas finally suck their ridiculous greed up and give in?? how is their so many problems. is ncaa football the worst run sports association over nba, nhl, heck nascar???

You are mistaken, Iowa does mean something to the Big Ten because this conference was set up the right way based on academics and each school having an equal say. Had the B12 been set up in this manner they would not be having all these problems they are having today. Had their commish had any backbone Texas would have been removed way before Colorado and Nebraska left. Instead they catered to them and now Colorado, Nebraska, and Texas A&M are gone with the conference still in disarray. With those schools still in the conference the B12 could have survived even without Texas.

ISU fans trying to tear down Iowa's situation just exposes you as a middle child jealous of big brother. Take care of your own situation and get that damn scoreboard paid off!
Not saying the B1G isn't a great conference but I also don't think Iowa holds much clout. Just look at the protected rivalries. You got Purdue. Nebraska took the game you should have had, and they haven't even been in the league a year.

And you last sentence... DUH! Our scoreboard was 5 million. Your coach makes 3.6 million.... A YEAR!

Latest posts