Texas AD sounds like he's gonna make a move

Dodds: "Texas will come out of it in good shape."

He didn't say the Big XII will come out of it in good shape. Very interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IHAZeqwQvA[/ame]

Texas has the power to come out landing on its feet, no matter what happens. Not so sure about the other members of the Big Twelve conference.

I still think Texas best move would be to bring a couple of other Big 12 schools, OK, TAMU, Colorado, and Kansas and hook up with the Pac Ten. They could also add Utah and that would give them a division of Utah, Colorado, Kansas, AZ, ASU, OU, TAMU, and Texas.

The Western teams could go back to their original Pac 8 division. But the most important thing for the Pac Ten is it would get them a lot of games in earlier time zones, which is a must for that league. They would own "by far" the most major TV markets. However, as Jon has stated, their current games are on too late for most of the nation. Well, give em 4 teams in the Central time zone, with one being Texas, and that changes.

I still think Texas best move would be to bring a couple of other Big 12 schools, OK, TAMU, Colorado, and Kansas and hook up with the Pac Ten. They could also add Utah and that would give them a division of Utah, Colorado, Kansas, AZ, ASU, OU, TAMU, and Texas.

I have got to agree with you on this strategy. If P10 went to 14 teams and took Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado it would be a great strategy. I question if the P10 would go for it. The P10 does not have the AAU issue, but Oklahoma is the only University that isn't AAU, so that shouldn't be an issue. I think it overcomes Stanford's objection to Texas. It get the P10 into three time zones, notably the CST.

The travel issue is reduced and the academic aspect is not deterred.

This could happen before the B10 acts.

I have got to agree with you on this strategy. If P10 went to 14 teams and took Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado it would be a great strategy. I question if the P10 would go for it. The P10 does not have the AAU issue, but Oklahoma is the only University that isn't AAU, so that shouldn't be an issue. I think it overcomes Stanford's objection to Texas. It get the P10 into three time zones, notably the CST.

The travel issue is reduced and the academic aspect is not deterred.

This could happen before the B10 acts.

Stanford and most likely Cal, would not accept Oklahoma.
The culture of that area is more more about academics than sports.
OU does not pass the smell test..

Also I believe there are politics in Kansas that binds Kansas and KSU together. It would be very difficult for those 2 to be broken up. They
would most likely be a package deal, unless KSU got some type of a BCS offer.

With Boise State moving to the MWC that conference becoming BCS viable. If they can add several Big 12 schools, the conference would be given the BCS "membership", and take the place fo the former Big 12.

With regards to Texas, that is the AD saying you make us share revenues equally, and we leave.

People think travel would prevent Texas from joining the B10, but somehow think they're gonna join the P10? Have fun at the football title game in LA or the basketball tourney in Oakland.

I don't see Arizona and ASU deciding to expand the conference where they have to do a lot more travel to the midwest AND they don't get as many visits from the California schools. Every P10 member has veto power.

Even if such a P16 came to be, they wouldn't have a huge population base. They have a number of major markets, but there is low population between the markets. They'd definitely still lag behind B10 and SEC in $$$$$.