Texas A&M wants outline to leave Big XII

It's just a matter of time which is what most of us have been saying for weeks now. The end of the Little 12 is near.

It's just a matter of time which is what most of us have been saying for weeks now. The end of the Little 12 is near.
Not sure about that. For some reason, uterus is hell bent on finding a junky replacement for aTm, like SMU or Houston.

Methinks the whorns want to see how successful the bevo network is before they either go indy, or flirt with the Pac-12 again.

Hopefully, Delaney is proactive and gets on the phone with Mizzou. Maybe he can help this along some.

Not sure about that. For some reason, uterus is hell bent on finding a junky replacement for aTm, like SMU or Houston.

Methinks the whorns want to see how successful the bevo network is before they either go indy, or flirt with the Pac-12 again.

Hopefully, Delaney is proactive and gets on the phone with Mizzou. Maybe he can help this along some.

74 hunter is correct. they will replace a.m. and texas will go independent once their bevo network is spinning off cash. then you will have the end of the b12. a.m. getting out now points to the inevitable sinking ship. the rest of the big 12 is just letting texas take advantage of them. see:follard

74 hunter is correct. they will replace a.m. and texas will go independent once their bevo network is spinning off cash. then you will have the end of the b12. a.m. getting out now points to the inevitable sinking ship. the rest of the big 12 is just letting texas take advantage of them. see:follard

Except for the part about Missery. If they did bring them in, now way they would be fully vested for 10 years, possibly even a performance based bonus, type deal. It would be a tough deal and I dont know if the B10 is willing to bend far enough to make Missery want to join. They plain and simple dont bring enough with them. The only way they are going to have any traction in those talks is if they take the B12 title this year, or if they do well this year and get on the phone with OK and come as a package deal.

It 'sounds' like BYU would be offered and they would accept. Personally, I wish the Big 12 would just extend the offer to BYU regardless of what A&M does.

Except for the part about Missery. If they did bring them in, now way they would be fully vested for 10 years, possibly even a performance based bonus, type deal. It would be a tough deal and I dont know if the B10 is willing to bend far enough to make Missery want to join. They plain and simple dont bring enough with them. The only way they are going to have any traction in those talks is if they take the B12 title this year, or if they do well this year and get on the phone with OK and come as a package deal.

you lost me. not sure how missouri fits into what I and 74 hunter agreed upon.

It 'sounds' like BYU would be offered and they would accept. Personally, I wish the Big 12 would just extend the offer to BYU regardless of what A&M does.

That would be an O move, they are still on 2nd or 3rd down, on a goal line stance here, after Neb and CO took off. I would not expect the B10 to make a move until the B12 feels like they are on the O again. I bet the B10 has some plans if such a thing happens, but I dont think they act on anything if AM goes sec and BYU goes B12. Thats a sideways move.

I'm shocked I haven't seen a "Notre Dame" will come to the Big 12 post yet. Is it possible they have finally realized this isn't going to happen?

I have heard that Texas wants to play Notre Dame the day after Thanksgiving to replace the A&M game. That will be a really big game once both schools are independents.

I'm shocked I haven't seen a "Notre Dame" will come to the Big 12 post yet. Is it possible they have finally realized this isn't going to happen?

I have heard that Texas wants to play Notre Dame the day after Thanksgiving to replace the A&M game. That will be a really big game once both schools are independents.

It's all about the play here guys. The B10 has the ball and can punch it in anytime. Remember the talks between the B10 and espn? Remember what happened? Didnt we offer TX before Neb? Look at whats going on. I am willing to bet TX told the B10 much of what the B10 told espn, except TX did not see that the B10 could force them to go independent, leaving them on the outside looking in. Thats the reason TX is putting so much attention on being good again as fast as possible. Ofcourse they would love to get an annual with ND, problem is, I dont see any reason for ND to do it. Heck the B10 can offer ND, Iowa, Neb, Wisky, whatever they want, if they want another game that moves the needle. The writing is on the wall. Just nobody is willing to force the issue.

I'm the outcast here. I want the Big XII to survive. I'm not on the super-conference bandwagon. Twelve team conferences are the limit in my estimation. I started the thread because it affects all of college football. I do think the defection of aTm will weaken the Big XII conference in a number of ways, but the conference will live on.

There been conjecture about trying to attract ND, BYU, and Arkansas to help the reputation of the conference, but I don't think it is likely that any of the three have sincere interest in joining. The U of Houston is my guess for replacement of aTm. The wildcard in my estimation is Missouri. If the SEC would make Mizzou the 14th team with aTm it would really be awkward for ISU, it would no longer be contiguous to any Big XII state. It can live with that arrangement only as long as other members are willing to live with it as well.

It's all about the play here guys. The B10 has the ball and can punch it in anytime. Remember the talks between the B10 and espn? Remember what happened? Didnt we offer TX before Neb? Look at whats going on. I am willing to bet TX told the B10 much of what the B10 told espn, except TX did not see that the B10 could force them to go independent, leaving them on the outside looking in. Thats the reason TX is putting so much attention on being good again as fast as possible. Ofcourse they would love to get an annual with ND, problem is, I dont see any reason for ND to do it. Heck the B10 can offer ND, Iowa, Neb, Wisky, whatever they want, if they want another game that moves the needle. The writing is on the wall. Just nobody is willing to force the issue.
The problem is, the Big 10 is behind the 8 ball here. There just aren't that many good, viable teams that would be a good fit for the Big 10. The SEC and the Pac have a lot more options, unless the Big 10 wants to fall farther behind the SEC and behind the Pac-12, the powers that be need to be proactive.

I'm the outcast here. I want the Big XII to survive. I'm not on the super-conference bandwagon. Twelve team conferences are the limit in my estimation. I started the thread because it affects all of college football. I do think the defection of aTm will weaken the Big XII conference in a number of ways, but the conference will live on.

There been conjecture about trying to attract ND, BYU, and Arkansas to help the reputation of the conference, but I don't think it is likely that any of the three have sincere interest in joining. The U of Houston is my guess for replacement of aTm. The wildcard in my estimation is Missouri. If the SEC would make Mizzou the 14th team with aTm it would really be awkward for ISU, it would no longer be contiguous to any Big XII state. It can live with that arrangement only as long as other members are willing to live with it as well.

Right, it does so, only because the B10 allowed it. We know we could have taken Missery with Neb. ISU would love the chance. Like I said I dont think the B10 cares anything about the B12's sideways moves, but I dont think they would like it if the B12 starts courting ND outright. I think that would be seen as an act of aggression and that would force the issue.

The problem is, the Big 10 is behind the 8 ball here. There just aren't that many good, viable teams that would be a good fit for the Big 10. The SEC and the Pac have a lot more options, unless the Big 10 wants to fall farther behind the SEC and behind the Pac-12, the powers that be need to be proactive.

Quality, not quanity. Thats why no Missu. Heck if Pitt keeps going they have a better shot at the B10 than Missu does.

Quality, not quanity. Thats why no Missu. Heck if Pitt keeps going they have a better shot at the B10 than Missu does.
Like it or not, Mizzou is a top 25 program right now. They have been for a few years. Plus the state has a pretty high population, they could bring some TV sets, and the B1G Network would love to add the St. Louis and KC markets.

I don't want super-conferences either, but I think no matter what we want as college football fans, I think it is going to happen. Last year was kind of like the Cuban Missile Crisis, and I thought once we got through that, everything would be fine. With A&M now leaving, the SEC will probably add another team eventually. I have a strong feeling other conferences will react, thus brining in the era of the super-conferences.

Like it or not, Mizzou is a top 25 program right now. They have been for a few years. Plus the state has a pretty high population, they could bring some TV sets, and the B1G Network would love to add the St. Louis and KC markets.
A portion of KC is Neb/IA. A part of STL is NU/ILL. I dont think it would bring as many tv's in as you think. I admit Mizzu has been doing well, but I hate to say it, not that well. Mizzu is no Neb. If Neb goes 7 or 8 W's a year, they still move the needle with fans and name. If Missu gets 7 or 8 in the B10, they would hardly move the needle at all. Nobody knows for sure how well Neb will do in the B10, but nobody expects them to ever go under 6-7-8 W's or so, and yet that is still enough for their name, you cant say the same for Mizzu if they were B10. Plus you have to look at the programs themselves, Neb has a way better facilities, sell out record, fans that travel, ect. That fits the B10. So like I said yes Mizzu has been doing well, but still is not a "good fit".

I have to agree with Hunter here. The Big 10 does NOT want the SEC to be right up in the middle of Big 10 country and the only way to pro-actively keep that from happening is to let Missouri know that they are in when the B10 expands in a few years. Without that assurance, Missouri will jump at an SEC invite. I think Missouri would rather be in the Big 10 for culteral and academic reasons but without giving them something they simply can't afford to not take an SEC invite.

Latest posts