Tevaun Smith injury rumor

'55, not being argumentative, but which players, other than T. Smith, do you feel have the speed to get behind a defense?

I think Jerminic Smith and Jay Scheel could have that ability, but I don't know. They have to prove it. Vandeberg got behind the defense against ISU and made a nice diving catch.

I think TE's will be key though. Between Kittle, Krieger-Coble, and Duzey being healthy I hope the Hawks utilize them in some unique formations. There are ways to get behind a defense without simply outrunning them. Without Smith on the field they may have to use different route combinations to confuse the defense and break coverage.

I think Jerminic Smith and Jay Scheel could have that ability, but I don't know. They have to prove it. Vandeberg got behind the defense against ISU and made a nice diving catch.

I think TE's will be key though. Between Kittle, Krieger-Coble, and Duzey being healthy I hope the Hawks utilize them in some unique formations. There are ways to get behind a defense without simply outrunning them. Without Smith on the field they may have to use different route combinations to confuse the defense and break coverage.

I agree that I "think" J. Smith and Scheel can, but they haven't and I wonder why not. Regarding Vandeburg he did get behind his man but I am not ready to believe he can do that consistently. The TE's, I could see them being used but I don't know if they can get against man coverage. If WUs plays zone and the OL provides time, I think CJ picks it apart. Without T. Smith, I am way more worried about the outcome.

NEXT MAN IN. Everyone wants the back ups to play so we can see how far along they've come,nows the time for them to show us.You have to earn your playing time. Go Hawks

NEXT MAN IN. Everyone wants the back ups to play so we can see how far along they've come,nows the time for them to show us.You have to earn your playing time. Go Hawks

I want to WIN, as Smith is our best WR him being out lessens our chances that will happen. You want backups to play in the 4thQ of blowouts not the first Quarter of a road conference game.

I want my ice cream and cake to,but we don't always get what we want. If Smith can't go then it's time for someone else to man up, I realize replacing a Senior with his talent is hard but no since dwelling on it.

everyone's dealing with injuries at this point in the year including Wisci. Smith is a loss, but unless it's CJ I'm not gonna lose any sleep over losing anyone else.

everyone's dealing with injuries at this point in the year including Wisci. Smith is a loss, but unless it's CJ I'm not gonna lose any sleep over losing anyone else.

This is what I was just gonna say. Wisconsin doesn't have their best RB. I look at it as a wash. Fair game. Let's play ball. No excuses either way.

I want my ice cream and cake to,but we don't always get what we want. If Smith can't go then it's time for someone else to man up, I realize replacing a Senior with his talent is hard but no since dwelling on it.

Does "man up" entail getting more talented over night? Because that's what it'll take. If you don't want to dwell on stuff why are you on a message board? It's what we do.

Does "man up" entail getting more talented over night? Because that's what it'll take. If you don't want to dwell on stuff why are you on a message board? It's what we do.

I sure hope you don't get a ulcer worrying about things that we can't control.Just like some of the other posters said everyone has injuries so you have to adapt.Go Hawks

This is what I was just gonna say. Wisconsin doesn't have their best RB. I look at it as a wash. Fair game. Let's play ball. No excuses either way.

Smith is not as indispensable as I have expected him to be before the season started. That said, it would be better to be full strength going into Mad town. Henry K-C, MVB, and Canzeri have been big so far. Will miss Smith's deep threat but I prefer the quick passing game-not going to have a lot of time for double-move routes to develop.

Lotta scaredy cats in this thread. This team is not one man. This year the team is full of gamer's (esp at a key position), and we'll be fine. When the going got tough against mighty North Texas, what'd we do? Why we won of course. Keep your panties on, we'll be ok!

Morehouse alluded to an injury to T. Smith in his article in the gazette this a.m. It was a vague reference, but seemed consistent with a knee injury, out 1-2 weeks.

Iowa has plenty of young receivers who can "stretch the field." The concern, of course, is, will their experience hinder the passing attack? We shall see. Jacob Hillyer may get more targets; tight ends may get more targets. Vandeberg has been a very solid receiver in the possession category. Canzeri can catch the ball. We will be fine, but TS's injury will take away a very good receiver option.

D. Willes is not at Iowa. He is at some nondescript junior college in texas. who cares.

He needs to tape it up and get ready to play.