Tevaun Smith injury rumor

Mikey, without Tevaun, we don't have anyone (that we've seen) that can take the top off the defense. This will allow WUs to load the box. Think 2014.

I don't think this is entirely true. While Smith has ability to stretch the field and hit the home run ball, I think we still have the weapons to keep WI guessing. Think triple TE's vs OSU a couple years ago. Also, McCarron and Vandeberg seem to be pretty capable receivers alongside Hillyer. Hopefully Smith is fine, but if not, it's not a complete game changer. Also, for once, we might have the most talented running backs in this game vs. WI since 2008!

Hope Tevaun is alright. If he is hurt, let's hope for a fast recovery. I am pretty confident the hawks do have other deep threats than Tevaun, we just haven't seen them yet

two words. Jermanic Smith. Should have gotten him some balls last week.

This is when we really find out if Kirk has changed. Will he go back into his shell at the first sign of pressure, and play it safe...or will he have the guts to put another playmaker on the field...despite his youth.
Maybe more like KF is just a little less hands on? Yeah, that should be my motto, too.

I don't think this is entirely true. While Smith has ability to stretch the field and hit the home run ball, I think we still have the weapons to keep WI guessing. Think triple TE's vs OSU a couple years ago. Also, McCarron and Vandeberg seem to be pretty capable receivers alongside Hillyer. Hopefully Smith is fine, but if not, it's not a complete game changer. Also, for once, we might have the most talented running backs in this game vs. WI since 2008!

I'm talking about a player that can beat man coverage and get open deep. We haven't seen anyone else that can do that. Regarding the rb's, right now, the only one we know that is 100% is JC. I don't think he is better than both WUs rb's. They are both really good backs. Don't overlook WUs' run game. It's still pretty good without Clement.

Morehouse alluded to an injury to T. Smith in his article in the gazette this a.m. It was a vague reference, but seemed consistent with a knee injury, out 1-2 weeks.

Iowa has plenty of young receivers who can "stretch the field." The concern, of course, is, will their experience hinder the passing attack? We shall see. Jacob Hillyer may get more targets; tight ends may get more targets. Vandeberg has been a very solid receiver in the possession category. Canzeri can catch the ball. We will be fine, but TS's injury will take away a very good receiver option.

D. Willes is not at Iowa. He is at some nondescript junior college in texas. who cares.

Morehouse alluded to an injury to T. Smith in his article in the gazette this a.m. It was a vague reference, but seemed consistent with a knee injury, out 1-2 weeks.

Iowa has plenty of young receivers who can "stretch the field." The concern, of course, is, will their experience hinder the passing attack? We shall see. Jacob Hillyer may get more targets; tight ends may get more targets. Vandeberg has been a very solid receiver in the possession category. Canzeri can catch the ball. We will be fine, but TS's injury will take away a very good receiver option.

D. Willes is not at Iowa. He is at some nondescript junior college in texas. who cares.

Huck, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that we have plenty of guys that can stretch the field deep. Smith is the only known receiver that can. We'll see. But if Tevaun can't go and we need to be able to go deep, but can't get open, then questions need to be asked about why no Scheel or J. Smith reps. Perhaps this is all just gamesmanship by the "new" kirk?

Huck, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment that we have plenty of guys that can stretch the field deep. Smith is the only known receiver that can. We'll see. But if Tevaun can't go and we need to be able to go deep, but can't get open, then questions need to be asked about why no Scheel or J. Smith reps. Perhaps this is all just gamesmanship by the "new" kirk?

It's not just about going deep. It's about going deep and catching the ball. I think the Hawks have a couple young guys who can stretch the field and get behind a defense. The question is whether or not they are able to make a big catch on game day at a rival stadium that's going to be rocking. That's a valid question mark for a young receiver. Totally different than catching it in practice.

Vandeberg showed against ISU that he can get deep.

Did Morehouse say Smith is out 1-2 weeks because he was told by the Iowa coaches, doctors?

It's not just about going deep. It's about going deep and catching the ball. I think the Hawks have a couple young guys who can stretch the field and get behind a defense. The question is whether or not they are able to make a big catch on game day at a rival stadium that's going to be rocking. That's a valid question mark for a young receiver. Totally different than catching it in practice.

'55, not being argumentative, but which players, other than T. Smith, do you feel have the speed to get behind a defense?

Latest posts