Tennessee vs. UMass

Tennessee up early. Winner gets Mercer. This could have been Iowa's run to the Sweet 16.

844810802.gif

What's even worse is that in all likelihood we would have played Michigan for a trip to the Elite 8. I would have liked our chances very much in that matchup...

Was Tennessee unhealthy part of the year? How in the world did they lose to Utep. The team that had players betting on games... And iowa beat by more than 30.

Last edited:
Oh Iowa, oh Iowa. TN isn't all that really, and they are handling UMass.
Why Iowa, why?

Stokes is pretty hard to stop. Since their defense stepped up they became the team all their fans thought they were suppose to be to start the year. I wonder even if they could compete against MSU the way theyre playing right now.

Makes the loss that much worse.

Iowa could have made the sweet 16 without even playing amazingly had they held on against Tennessee.

ugh.

Was Tennessee unhealthy part of the year? How in the world did they lose to Utep. The team that had players betting on games... And iowa beat by more than 30.

Its a Cuonzo thing. He always pulls off inexplicable losses in the non conference schedule before he starts to figure out what to do with his team. Also, for those of you who question Fran's judgment with substitutions, some of Martin's bizarre personnel decisions would make your heads spin (McRae was almost SEC player of the year last year after he didn't start a game until December).

Maybe I'm crazy, but I was very impressed with Tenn's defense the majortiy of the game. Possibly one of the best we played this season in my opinion. Also think that Stokes is a absolute beast. Was impressed with Tenn and I think they deserve the success of the late season run and will be a tough team to eliminate.

Only 4 fouls on TN in the first half again today. Is this the same officiating crew? At least they've only called 5 on UMASS. Not their whole front line in foul trouble after 20 minutes.

Latest posts