Tendencies? Has Hell frozen over?

#1DieHardHawk

Offensively: empty sets, 4-wides, fly patterns, swing passes, power blocking? What happened to stubborn - "outside-zone-stretch-to-the-short-side-no-matter-what-the-defensive-alignment" Kirk?

Defensively: hybrid schemes, regular blitzing?

Am I in a "Twilight Zone" episode?

I had a feeling that we'd see some interesting offensive tweaks with Brian, but, it looks like even Phil has felt the pressure to be more creative.

Offensively: empty sets, 4-wides, fly patterns, swing passes, power blocking? What happened to stubborn - "outside-zone-stretch-to-the-short-side-no-matter-what-the-defensive-alignment" Kirk?

Defensively: hybrid schemes, regular blitzing?

Am I in a "Twilight Zone" episode?

I had a feeling that we'd see some interesting offensive tweaks with Brian, but, it looks like even Phil has felt the pressure to be more creative.

Dont care if hell froze over as longvas it stays frozen. Remember how excited we were after OSU?

In recent history the only time we saw a major consistent change was after CJs family went nuclear. Think of the possibilities with that one.

Offensively, there was much of this last year, just poor execution. Even to the detriment to Iowa, BF tried to pass all game against Wisconsin last year, when they were getting ~5ypcarry.

Defensively, Phil has done a lot of this stuff for years. Just look at things like the raider package and some lbs becoming more hybrid.

Well, they are in the business of winning football games.

This is why some of us were okay with BF becoming OC. KF would allow his kid to try stuff that he probably wouldn’t allow anyone else. Greg Davis couldn’t exactly go crying to Mary if he could not do what he wanted.:)

Phil blitzed alot more than Norm but yea that was another level

Even if the blitz doesn't count for a sack, you still speed up the clock in the QB or make them play a bit faster than they would like. I.E. Indiana started going with less steps and getting the ball out faster.

Iowa had only two sacks yesterday. Blitzing speeds up a college QB and can get into their heads.

Even if the blitz doesn't count for a sack, you still speed up the clock in the QB or make them play a bit faster than they would like. I.E. Indiana started going with less steps and getting the ball out faster.

Iowa had only two sacks yesterday. Blitzing speeds up a college QB and can get into their heads.
I didn't expect to see many sacks against Indiana with the game they play. I was happy to see how much we hurried them.