Tell me about LSU?

NCHawker

I know they're loaded with athletes - sorta like Michigan / Nebraska but more - mabye atheletes like Ohio State - so what else can you 'splain to me about these guys?

Defense is young, but good. The RB Jeremy Hill is Shonn Greene but with talent.

Edit: Forgot to add they have the one coach who makes Kirk look good with clock management skills.

Last edited:
As mentioned in several telecasts, LSU has a pair of NFL-ready WR's. They are going to make our CB's and safeties prove their worth while keeping an eye on Hill (no easy task). And I got a little excited knowing Mettenberger was out . . . but remember now how the freshman backup QB came in and led them back in a win against Arkansas. So to summarize, they are good on offense and our D will have their hands full. I think LSU has a typically strong defense (maybe not as much as in years past though) and our offense will have some opportunities. I guess the question is: does Iowa take advantage of them?

I know they're loaded with athletes - sorta like Michigan / Nebraska but more - mabye atheletes like Ohio State - so what else can you 'splain to me about these guys?

They are from the SEC. Think the Avengers in football uniforms only bigger, stronger, faster, smarter and with even more awesomer powers than anything Marvel could ever dream up even with Disney's help [dramatic pause] [shutters] [weeps] [mind blown]

They are from the SEC. Think the Avengers in football uniforms only bigger, stronger, faster, smarter and with even more awesomer powers than anything Marvel could ever dream up even with Disney's help [dramatic pause] [shutters] [weeps] [mind blown]

Do you work for ESPN?

Historically, they have been a team that tends to "disappoint" and/or not live up to expectations. Their BCS titles in 2003 and 2007 were hardly teams that evoke memories years later of being "dominant".

They have enthusiastic, knowledgable fans, love to party every game, and you better get used to "O" words being spelled "eau/eaux".

Huge loss at QB for LSU makes this game a cakewalk for the Hawks. Would have rather played Tex A&M or South Carolina (or Missouri).

I disagree with "smarter." Don't forget that with the SEC academic standards their average intelligence would be on par with The Hulk. "Hulk run!" "Hulk tackle!"

Huge loss at QB for LSU makes this game a cakewalk for the Hawks. Would have rather played Tex A&M or South Carolina (or Missouri).

Well....wow. not sure what to think of this....other than to caution one on this general line of brash confidence if one is a Hawkeye fan.

I can add that I lived in Baton Rouge a few years ago...absolutely fantastic fans! They are a blast to tailgate with. Honestly the best people I have lived around. Those of you who are going to the game will have a great time with their fans.

Didn't watch a single game of theirs, but did do some lurking on tigerdroppings.com. They seem pretty confident in their team, if they can keep it together. With the talent gap that there is between LSU and Iowa you'd assume LSU would win.

I think we have something special brewing for the Hawks in Tampa, this team does not need to be "lights out" to beat good teams, we need to be smart and disciplined.

Bowl teams of the past have really come out looking strong, save the OU game, but those were with Ken O'Keefe. Not sure what we are going to see offensively from Iowa this year, but I hope its good!

I think Iowa matches up really well with them. They run a pretty standard pro style offense, which during the Ferentz era we've seen that even when the other team is a lot more talented, we seems to fair really well against teams running that kind of system (Michigan/Penn State).

Their fans are a fun bunch and can definitely hold their alcohol. And their SEC rivals claim they smell like corndogs.

I think Iowa matches up really well with them. They run a pretty standard pro style offense, which during the Ferentz era we've seen that even when the other team is a lot more talented, we seems to fair really well against teams running that kind of system (Michigan/Penn State).

Their fans are a fun bunch and can definitely hold their alcohol. And their SEC rivals claim they smell like corndogs.

i asked a friend of mine this same question on sunday night - he is a big sec guy - here is his response:

When motivated, like against A&M, LSU is a handful. When not motivated, like the next week vs. the Hogs, they look slightly better then average. Mettenberger is their stud passing QB who tore his ACL or MCL against us and is obviously out. Backup seemed more in line like former Tiger QBs - great athlete who is decent passer but makes a lot if plays with his legs. Tigers have 2 WRs who both should be drafted in the early rounds - Beckham and Landry. Also, their running back Hill is a beast. Their did did a good job slowing down our running game as our bigger running plays were end arounds and not right at them.

My off the cuff, first pass at a point spread would be LSU -7.....prob a little higher given the public perception of the SEC vs. the Big 10

i've already made an appearance on tigerdroppings. wonder if Jon will let in any Tiger fans to talk up the game before then.

Latest posts