Tebow wonderlick prayer

I read the article and laughed a little. I'm glad to see the discussion is pretty civil on the thread. For none of the posters knowing what Tim truly said and how he said it (no quotes in the article) as well as no one knowing him personally, I think a few are letting their preconceived notions get the best of them. To assume it was said piously or with christian intentions assumes something we don't know. I would say that I tend to think that Tim Tebow is a good person rooted in his faith whose overexposure by the media rubs both christians and non-christians a little raw. I think a personal prayer is perfectly acceptable, and if you wish to put out a group prayer request in a room full of football players, don't be surprised if you get a STFU back.

Tebow, though likely well-intentioned shouldn't have pushed his views on others and should have said a silent prayer or said "anyone who wants to pray come in this other room and we'll pray".

Other guy shouldn't have said STFU-not necessary, overly harsh and rude.

Most of us can agree to this.

Why should someone have to leave the room to pray?... If you don’t want to pray don’t pray… why is this so complicated. I don’t drink… when I’m out(not necessarily at a bar) with a group of people and they offer me a drink I say “no thanks”. I wouldn’t expect them to leave the room and drink someplace else.

Maybe just start taking the test and carry on with life…. This whole thing fascinates me. People want everyone to “respect” the rights of those that don’t pray… by NOT praying… but what about the rights of those that WANT to pray?... Tim asked if folks wanted to pray… If you didn’t want to pray why not just start taking the test and let those that want to pray..pray? Where is the harm in that?

Tebow, though likely well-intentioned shouldn't have pushed his views on others and should have said a silent prayer or said "anyone who wants to pray come in this other room and we'll pray".

Other guy shouldn't have said STFU-not necessary, overly harsh and rude.

Most of us can agree to this.

**edit....
I can sure see both sides of this…. A little discernment goes a long way. If I think I’m in a situation where folks might want to pray I’ll speak up…if not, I’ll keep it to myself. Given what we know about Tim and how he was raised(Dad being a missionary) I’m guessing he’s been praying in public his whole life. I don’t think Tim was “forcing” his beliefs on anyone.

Last edited:
I prefer to pray by myself. It sounded to me like it was more "Hey, let's pray before this test!" instead of "does anyone want to pray?". There's a little difference there in the pushiness factor.

Nothing wrong with asking people to pray, but I do see how it could have come across as pushy.

Once again though, no way even that pushiness deserved a STFU.

I'm not religious by any means. And Tebow does rub me the wrong way with his force feeding habits. Still, I think this is only a story because it is Tebow. If it had been another player that had offered the prayer, I doubt there would have been anything said.