Teams with the most NFL players

The only other cold weather school on the list above Iowa is OSU, the huge band name school. That is pretty amazing. Maybe says a lot about recruiting?

And WE can't seem to get out of OUR own way on offense. Take your damn sunshine somewhere else.

I have no scientific data on this, but I'm confident if you compare the average star ratings of our NFL players to everybody else on this list it wouldn't be remotely close. I think that's pretty damned impressive!

Can you imagine how many we'd have in the NFL if we were stocked with 4 and 5 stars like the others on the list. It baffles me that we have a hard time attracting highly rated recruits based solely on the number of players we send to the NFL... Until I watch our offensive game plan!

Kids want exciting and flashy. Exciting and flashy we're not!

12 most players in the league.

Now we know why he is the 13th highest paid college coach. (That doesn't include his annual $650,00 retention bonus that kicks in Jan 31st).

He has been good for the NFL.

Mel Kiper loves him.

And WE can't seem to get out of OUR own way on offense. Take your damn sunshine somewhere else.

It's not sunshine. With that level of talent, I think we should probably have done better over the last half decade or so. However, Wisconsin has 25 in the league, and Florida is way at the top of the list and hasn't produced, either.

Still, just need that last piece at WR or RB to be a complete team. That's impressive company on that list, though.

Im sure they do but you really have to sell this to recruits. This is Iowas bell cow. "Son, we are 2nd in the BIG with how many players we send to the NFL. Its our development and its our style we play."

Yeah...Kirk Ferentz sucks...sure he has 26 players in the NFL (12th most) and many on practice squads, but he will only win 7-8 games a year. Never mind he was undefeated 3 years ago and lost four close games last year, that could have gone either way, with his youngest team ever...it still was 8 games. I could give a rat's ass that he runs a clean program, is philanthropic, and his players love him. I watch the games, but I don't enjoy them.

Signed,

Anti-Ferentz Crowd

Yeah...Kirk Ferentz sucks...sure he has 26 players in the NFL (12th most) and many on practice squads, but he will only win 7-8 games a year. Never mind he was undefeated 3 years ago and lost four close games last year, that could have gone either way, with his youngest team ever...it still was 8 games. I could give a rat's ass that he runs a clean program, is philanthropic, and his players love him. I watch the games, but I don't enjoy them.

Signed,

Anti-Ferentz Crowd

i like what u r saying but losing too many close games u should win is a problem. if the hawks could hit 3-4 more big plays a game and avg 10-13 more points tge win record would be super and more excting

Dm7Y8GLUwAMn9z3.jpg

i like what u r saying but losing too many close games u should win is a problem. if the hawks could hit 3-4 more big plays a game and avg 10-13 more points tge win record would be super and more excting

What you just described is the difference between Iowa and Wisconsin. That’s the difference between 10-2 and 8-4, 9-3 and 7-5.

Still, just need that last piece at WR or RB to be a complete team.
Yep. Iowa needs two home run hitters on offense and probably better safeties. Other than that, there aren't too many holes in the team. I just saw a map of where NFL players are born and of course California has a lot due to its huge population, but other than that they are coming from the South with Ohio and PA having solid showings as well. I think Bama and SC have more locally born players than Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois and Indiana combined and even if you add Minnesota those states only have a slight edge over two pretty small population southern states. Half the time I hate Ferentz, but there is no denying the guy works fricking miracles given what he has to work with as the recruiting base.

Hitchens and Josh Jackson are examples. Look at who recruited those guys and their rankings. And now they're both starting in the League. It's pretty amazing.

The problem with consistency has not been Iowa's position specific talent or coaching on the field for the most part, it has been overall depth quality. Iowa has some really good players at some positions and serviceable players at the rest of the positions in most years. If we have injuries or guys leave early to the NFL we are not like the Blue Bloods that can just re-fuel. Our program depends on that development so in most cases we have the ups and downs.

Take a few of our more successful years and look at the core players then look at who left early. There were a couple years if we would have had guys stick around we could have had the potential to be scary good (see 2010). College football has changed though and so has the pro game. You get the money when you can so you really can't blame some of the guys. What is interesting is what kind of impact would lets say a playoff win or another BSC wins after the Orange Bowl victory in 2009 have on recruiting and program fame? Not sure how big of a difference it would be

the thing that sucks about that list is our win percentage is well-below that of all the other teams on list

Latest posts