TE Nate Vejvoda commits.

Have to remember too, it's fairly early in the process. If he has a strong senior year other good conference teams would have, or could be interested. Agree with the above posters, though. If there's two units where the coaches shouldn't be questioned it's OL and TE...and not far behind them, DT. Now, WR, ahhh, dicier. One of the reasons I hope Willies and his receiver classmates impress.

He sounds like he has some weight to put on yet. 210ish is what I've seen him listed at. He's got plenty of time to bulk up before he'll see any PT as a Hawk. I believe Scott Chandler wasn't very big when he was a freshman. He was like 6'7 215ish and played WR. So long as his frame has room to grow I'm not going to worry about that. Iowa rarely has recruited finished products at TE and this is more in line with that. The CJFs and Moeakis of the world where they were physically ready day one are few and far between. If the kid has good hands ball skills and athleticism then he can be molded into a football player at this level by this staff. Ideally you'd like to redshirt a kid and let them learn and grow for awhile to have them ready to go their RS sophomore yr. So that's 4 yrs from now he's got plenty of time....

You are correct. That said, if one looks at the class as a whole, it is mostly developmental projects, it seems. This class really needs a few guys who are more highly rated.

can't say they aren't trying and competing with the big boys with several prospects. need some of these to start going iowa's way. maybe daniels will be that guy come thursday.

Yes TE and OL recruits not going to be a position to doubt in recruiting given history. Just frustrating that we are really struggling to land top targets for this class. Heck, ISU out recruited Iowa for a RB and USC is landing Ware. Be nice to "steal" recruits from other top programs rather than a 0-12 MAC team last year.

The developmental aspect of the program is something to hang your hat on but generally doesn't give the team it's best collection until RS junior/senior year if they all stick together. Can't afford attrition with this process either. Add in a few difference makers and that can make difference between an average to really good team.

Yes TE and OL recruits not going to be a position to doubt in recruiting given history. Just frustrating that we are really struggling to land top targets for this class. Heck, ISU out recruited Iowa for a RB and USC is landing Ware. Be nice to "steal" recruits from other top programs rather than a 0-12 MAC team last year.

The developmental aspect of the program is something to hang your hat on but generally doesn't give the team it's best collection until RS junior/senior year if they all stick together. Can't afford attrition with this process either. Add in a few difference makers and that can make difference between an average to really good team.

you are on to something, i think. you should pen Ferentz a letter and advise him that he should seriously consider dropping our current recruiting methods and move toward a method used by the likes of OSU, USC, Alabama, LSU and others use. The results on the field will certainly follow. You should sign your letter with your name 'captain obvious'.

you are on to something, i think. you should pen Ferentz a letter and advise him that he should seriously consider dropping our current recruiting methods and move toward a method used by the likes of OSU, USC, Alabama, LSU and others use. The results on the field will certainly follow. You should sign your letter with your name 'captain obvious'.

I think this is worth a shot.

So we steal recruits from the MAC? What's new.

troll-2.jpg

Latest posts