TC and the draft

No chance. Getting to live internationally sounds like a dream though.
His stock would seem to be trending up based on being one of ten players selected to that combine.

A lot of players who were seen as better than him in college, like Ethan Happ, didn't make the cut.

He still has a long road ahead of him, even if he gets drafted. The NBA is an elite institution. Just ask Devyn Marble, Aaron White and Jarrod Uthoff.

I would give him better than no chance. But still less than 50/50. He's got to improve his shooting and handles.

First thing that stands out in that mock is no Tacko Fall.

Dude is 7'6". He can protect the rim. Someone is going to take a flyer on him as a backup center.
Agree regarding Tacko Fall. The guy is a beast. Sure he doesn't have the handles or shooting of Bol Bol but he is a much more polished offensively and defensively and Bol Bol is supposedly a lottery pick.

His stock would seem to be trending up based on being one of ten players selected to that combine.

A lot of players who were seen as better than him in college, like Ethan Happ, didn't make the cut.

He still has a long road ahead of him, even if he gets drafted. The NBA is an elite institution. Just ask Devyn Marble, Aaron White and Jarrod Uthoff.

I would give him better than no chance. But still less than 50/50. He's got to improve his shooting and handles.

You think he's magically going to get handles and a shot before the draft?

You think he's magically going to get handles and a shot before the draft?
They both need a lot of improvement. But his raw athleticism could carry him until he improves on the job.. It got him past people like Happ and Jordan Caroline and James Palmer in that pre combine trial he just participated in.

You said he had no chance. That's a pretty strong statement. His chances, while still not great, are better than that.

Duke only has three players in the top ten

At least we won't have Romeo to deal with next season nor KingBruno, Carson Edwards and Ignas Brazdeikis

Only 6 players from the B1G in the mock draft

I am pleased that we might not have to watch Horton play against the Hawks

when i say cook playing at the combine, he just looked physically bigger than everyone else. wider. i think cook is a post player, period, and it was a mistake to try and shoehorn him into a stretch 4. and as a post, i think he can get drafted. that's the dream. making that team and playing is the unknown.

when i say cook playing at the combine, he just looked physically bigger than everyone else. wider. i think cook is a post player, period, and it was a mistake to try and shoehorn him into a stretch 4. and as a post, i think he can get drafted. that's the dream. making that team and playing is the unknown.

80-85% guys in the NBA have to find a role, a niche. TC's best attribute is his raw athleticism. There's a role for TC as a hustle/energy guy coming off the bench and doing what he does best. But he is going to need some luck, he will have to land in the right spot.

80-85% guys in the NBA have to find a role, a niche. TC's best attribute is his raw athleticism. There's a role for TC as a hustle/energy guy coming off the bench and doing what he does best. But he is going to need some luck, he will have to land in the right spot.
I guess I don't see Cook as a hustle/energy guy.

Raw athleticism, yes.

Guys that can shoot, are always valuable in the NBA since it is turning into a jack it up from long range turkey shoot.

I guess I don't see Cook as a hustle/energy guy.

Raw athleticism, yes.

Guys that can shoot, are always valuable in the NBA since it is turning into a jack it up from long range turkey shoot.

except Peter Jok

i think he can also be a guy that goes to the foul line off the bench. he needs to start making his throws, though. but yeah, cook needs to have the right team want him.

I finally found a two round mock draft that has Tyler Cook in it.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

I noticed TC being listed as a draft pick on that site back February. I checked every so often and I think I saw him up to #40 at one point. He's being listed in the "consensus" version now which is even better as he wasn't listed a few months ago. You can find the consensus version as a drop down under "Mocks".

For what it's worth, I have looked at this site since Dev Marble was a potential draft pick. Dev, White, Uthoff, and Jok were all ranked around the same as Tyler at some point, being listed as a mid to late 2nd round pick.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/tyler-cook.85076/page-3#post-1813188

I've been thinking about all the Hawks over the last several years that could have possible been drafted late in the second round and then weren't drafted at all. Will this be Tyler's case? Who knows.

I look forward to the day when we once again start putting Hawks in the NBA. It's getting tougher and tougher every year.

I've been thinking about all the Hawks over the last several years that could have possible been drafted late in the second round and then weren't drafted at all. Will this be Tyler's case? Who knows.

I look forward to the day when we once again start putting Hawks in the NBA. It's getting tougher and tougher every year.

Exactly, who knows. Marble and White were late 2nd round picks, Uthoff and Jok went undrafted. All of them, including now TC, were in the late 2nd round to undrafted range. As far as putting Hawks in the NBA, I feel it will only become more difficult as the 1 and done will be gone in a few years. The blue bloods will be recruiting the next tier players pushing Iowa down in the recruiting pecking order...

Exactly, who knows. Marble and White were late 2nd round picks, Uthoff and Jok went undrafted. All of them, including now TC, were in the late 2nd round to undrafted range. As far as putting Hawks in the NBA, I feel it will only become more difficult as the 1 and done will be gone in a few years. The blue bloods will be recruiting the next tier players pushing Iowa down in the recruiting pecking order...
Uthoff would have been a late 2nd round pick if he was willing to be stashed overseas. He told teams he wasn't interested and instead chose to try to get to the NBA via the G League. That way no team held his rights and he could sign with the best situation.