Tate to Holloway - Images of Decade

JtownHawk

Just saw on ESPN Sportscenter this morning that Tate to Holloway made the montage of sports images of the decade.

Check it out if you can. The segment comes on near the end of Sportscenter at about the 50 minute mark.

Kind of neat for the Hawkeyes to be included with many, many memorable national moments.

Saw it also along with Cardinals Pujols and Wainwright, and of course many, many others.

Not raining on anyone's parade, but technically the decade ends December 31, 2010, not yesterday.

Definitely one of the top ten plays of the decade. Mad props to both Drew and Warren. I'd go with Boise State's Fiesta Bowl comeback against Oklahomer as the top CFB moment of the decade. Ohio State's OT mNC win should also be in the top ten.

Saw it also along with Cardinals Pujols and Wainwright, and of course many, many others.

Not raining on anyone's parade, but technically the decade ends December 31, 2010, not yesterday.

Not to rain on your parade, but the decade ended yesterday.

The dictionary defines it so: decade |ˈdekād|
noun
1 a period of ten years : he taught at the university for nearly a decade.
• a period of ten years beginning with a year ending in 0

Decades are a measure of 10 years. When you refer to the decade of the 60's you are talking about years 1960-1969. You are not talking about years 1961-1970.

Now when you talk about centuries it works differently:
The Twentieth Century of the Common Era began on January 1, 1901 and ended on December 31, 2000. The 19th century was January 1, 1801 to December 31 1900, etc.

I know it is convoluted, but that is just they way it is done. It is confusing because the 00's just isn't as logical as when you think about the 50's for instance.

Last edited:
Why ESPN would use a craptastic song by a craptastic band like Coldplay is beyond me. Cool segment, though.

Wrong. From 2000 to now, it's been 10 years. This decade (the one beginning today) will end on December 31st, 2019.

Why ESPN would use a craptastic song by a craptastic band like Coldplay is beyond me. Cool segment, though.

You don't like Coldplay? What are you too young for their music? :D

Stormin........Happy New Year and THANKS for linking the ESPN clip. I caught this thing a little late and missed Tate to Holloway! I was hoping they included it, as they dang well should. If you look at all the plays of the aughts, is there a more clutch play in College Football? Wow.

You don't like Coldplay? What are you too young for their music? :D

Stormin........Happy New Year and THANKS for linking the ESPN clip. I caught this thing a little late and missed Tate to Holloway! I was hoping they included it, as they dang well should. If you look at all the plays of the aughts, is there a more clutch play in College Football? Wow.

Coldplay sucks...I put them right up there with Black Eyed Peas in the crappy pop music category. I would not describe that play as clutch, tate to holloway can be filed under miracle plays

Not to rain on your parade, but the decade ended yesterday.

The dictionary defines it so: decade |ˈdekād|
noun
1 a period of ten years : he taught at the university for nearly a decade.
• a period of ten years beginning with a year ending in 0

Decades are a measure of 10 years. When you refer to the decade of the 60's you are talking about years 1960-1969. You are not talking about years 1961-1970.

Now when you talk about centuries it works differently:
The Twentieth Century of the Common Era began on January 1, 1901 and ended on December 31, 2000. The 19th century was January 1, 1801 to December 31 1900, etc.

I know it is convoluted, but that is just they way it is done. It is confusing because the 00's just isn't as logical as when you think about the 50's for instance.

You win the "Pedant of the Decade" award, DV!

I really hate how us IOWA fans make such a big deal out of "The Catch". I mean...it was great, awsome... it really was. And I rember exactly where I was, bla bla bla. but the way you guys talk this up, you make it sound as though it was a fluke kinda....