Takeaways: Northwestern Take Down Hawkeyes

Bad games happen. Anyone who has coached would be baffled by their not changing things up and the shooters themselves. I get that a number of you like to play fan victim. That's BB. I get it. rah rah rah.

What is so hard to understand. You aren't making 3s. You can cycle and repeat or change things up. That is out of the Lute school of strategy.
OK, I don't get the "change things up" mentality. How many of those missed three pointers were wide open? The sets worked fine. I'd guess about half of our three pointers were wide open - not open enough that they can reach for a drink from the bench before shooting, but they had plenty of space and time to take their shots. They just missed them. As a former coach, I fully understand that you can design an offense to play to your strengths and you give the players the best opportunities to score, but ultimately it's up the players to execute the play and score the basketball. Both my wife (who coached girls basketball) and I played D3 college basketball, and after watching the first few minutes of the second half both commented that it just wasn't their night.

OK, I don't get the "change things up" mentality. How many of those missed three pointers were wide open? The sets worked fine. I'd guess about half of our three pointers were wide open - not open enough that they can reach for a drink from the bench before shooting, but they had plenty of space and time to take their shots. They just missed them. As a former coach, I fully understand that you can design an offense to play to your strengths and you give the players the best opportunities to score, but ultimately it's up the players to execute the play and score the basketball. Both my wife (who coached girls basketball) and I played D3 college basketball, and after watching the first few minutes of the second half both commented that it just wasn't their night.
Wow

Exactly. Its a long season. Iowa is a good, but not elite team. Road games are tough to win in conference. We needed a hot shooting night and got just the opposite. Move on and let's get Wisky.

Unless Jackie Moon's mom has another ally oop dream that would provide the Hawks with a magic play at halftime to change our fortunes, the trusty dry erase board wasn't going to change the outcome of that game as some have suggested.