Takeaways: Hawkeyes Pass Road Test at Seton Hall

This is the best defensive team Fran has had since the Woodbury years. Maybe the best ever. These guys are all plus defenders. Its fun to watch. T

his team has four legit scorers who all score in different ways. We have the potential to have an absolute stud if Kris continues to ascend.

I have only two concerns right now.

1. Does a Robin emerge to Kris' Batman? That could be Tony or Patrick or some combination of the two.
2. Depth. We don't have a Kris Murray coming off the bench this year. Connor is great and I like what I see out of the young guards, but after that it looks thin. Let's hope some of these bench players develop so we have something deeper than a 7-man rotation during the conference slate.

It is funny, every other year people would complain that Fran's 10-11 man rotation was too deep. It will probably be 7 unless Dix or Ogundele(sp?) crack it.

The difference is he now cannot be left wide open at the 3. Last season his shooting was so bad that the offense was running 4 against 5 when he was on the court and that took away his passing ability. His defender would always cheat inside leaving him wide open because they knew he wouldn't shoot it and if he did he wouldn't make it. This year you can tell he's worked really hard on his shot so the defense now has to come out and guard him. This is making a HUGE difference.
I think Connor was always a decent shooter and the only thing that changed is his confidence level. Something clicked in the last 3rd of last year and he started shooting more confident. There was a stretch where he made somewhere around 10 in a row. It looks like it carried over to this year.

I think Connor was always a decent shooter and the only thing that changed is his confidence level. Something clicked in the last 3rd of last year and he started shooting more confident. There was a stretch where he made somewhere around 10 in a row. It looks like it carried over to this year.

I don't know if I agree with this. His stroke looks completely different than it does 6 years ago. IMO, Conner seems like an individual that never struggles with confidence. He is just a guy that needed repetition and to be dialed into one sport.

Latest posts